Author Thread: God Defined marriage
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 18 Mar, 2024 01:50 PM

As first described in Genesis and later affirmed by Jesus, marriage is a God-ordained, covenant relationship between and man and a woman. This lifelong , sexually exclusive relationship brings children into the world and thus sustains the stewardship of the earth.

God Defined marriage

Biblical marriage

Marked by faithfulness

Sacrificial love and joy displays the relationship between

God and his people.

National Association of Evangelicals

www.nae.org

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 05:07 PM

fyi

I was reply to @Walk about my experiences.

Chicboon

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 16 Apr, 2024 05:03 AM

Two people entering the Covenant of Marriage requires faithfulness to Vows fulfilled, otherwise, both will be held accountable to God. "Let vows sworn by heaven be true, do not break thy promise vowed to the Lord." (Matthew 5:33-34)

There will be circumstances that may arise which might cause marriages to suffer ending up in divorce, while some to illegal separation not recognized by the law. But all these shouldn't be happening given that involved persons are faithfully following the Lord. Most common reasons that I know why people who were in love from the beginning fall out of love could be due to lesser time spent with each other, irreconcilable differences, sexual immorality outside marriage, vices, job-related issues, competition, and most of all, setting aside Jesus to be the last priority.

I won't wait to commit for a lifetime to a potential partner who cannot be truly categorized to be a man after God.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 16 Apr, 2024 08:53 AM

If your a woman after God then you would recognize that there's only one reason for divorce and that's infidelity.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 16 Apr, 2024 11:40 AM

There are many reasons for divorce. Yet David did not divorce any of his wives and none of his wives divorced him.

In the Bible, the man initiates divorce, not the woman, and not the government. (Deuteronomy 24:1-4)

Jesus says not to make vows at all. (Matthew 5:33-34)

God hates divorce. (Malachi 2:16)

As such, better not to marry in the first place. (Matthew 19:10 and 1 Corinthians 7:1)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 16 Apr, 2024 01:07 PM

" There are many reasons for divorce. "

Yes but how many are not considered a sin?

Chicboon

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 16 Apr, 2024 11:14 PM

I haven't been married my whole life but I wouldn't want to forsee any potential Marriage partner who would likely be someone to divorce with. If this is my idea of getting married in the first place, then I don't see that I am getting the point why people do get married. Since I believe that strong affection and attraction are main reasons to enter marriage, foundation built in Jesus should be the foremost, like serving the Lord together, worshipping together, studying His word together, love is at the top of it, otherwise it can be a superficial commitment based on worldly passions.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 10:31 AM

The love most people feel which brings about marriage is fickle. It's not rooted in a true commitment and for many (especially women) they will fall out of that fickle love very easily. The problem then becomes what do you do when that happens? Most men don't want to break up the marriage while most women have no problem cutting and running.

When it comes to those claiming to be Christian there's no provision for divorce when someone falls out of love or any other reason for that matter other than infidelity. But many willingly ignore that aspect of scriptures and do one of the things that God hates.

Once joined together staying together has to be a priority.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 03:10 PM

Hm

you take every opportunity to degrade and insult Women.

How would you even know what all Men do in any marriage!

You don't.

God is not in your message on here !

Stop trying to teach anyone Seek Jesus for deliverance.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 03:11 PM

You already posted your insulting comments previously on this Topic.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 08:24 AM

OK moonbeam you win. You can have the last word. But you're still wrong. So go ahead and lather, rinse, repeat.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9