Author Thread: God Defined marriage
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 18 Mar, 2024 01:50 PM

As first described in Genesis and later affirmed by Jesus, marriage is a God-ordained, covenant relationship between and man and a woman. This lifelong , sexually exclusive relationship brings children into the world and thus sustains the stewardship of the earth.

God Defined marriage

Biblical marriage

Marked by faithfulness

Sacrificial love and joy displays the relationship between

God and his people.

National Association of Evangelicals

www.nae.org

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 11:33 AM

Okay Moonlight then please pick something you disagree with me on and counter it with scripture and we can discuss it.

Does that sound reasonable to you?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:05 PM

Governs man that can teach you to understand what Jesus taught.

Find a Saved christian Man .

Suggested that already !

This is a Dating site

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:07 PM

" God find a man " that can teach you.

correction

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:22 PM

"Go " find ask God !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:27 PM

When seeking a mate

What is your Status ?

Married

Divorced

Single - Never married

Separated

This " Christian" site has all these!!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:33 PM

Men trying to teach on CDFF Forums

None are

apostles

Prophets

evangelist

Pastor

Or Teachers

Dating site about love, dating, marriage, engagements.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:40 PM

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/7-ways-marriage-should-modernized-2023-steve-siebold

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 12:46 PM

Christian husband

In marriage

To wife

Loves

Protects

Supports

Has good morals

Emotionally stable

Best friend

Model to the children

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:24 PM

I agree with you. "yes you can be forgiven. BUT does that validate the divorce and remarriage?"

I agree with you Handyman "although a sin can be forgiven, that doesn't make what was done right and something done in sin is still wrong so the only difference is we are absolved from the sin but the wrong still exist and if you still participate in that wrong then you continue to commit sin."

Much of what you write, I agree on. Often, I am in agreement with what you contribute, Handyman. You are very familiar with scripture. I can tell you read the Bible. I can tell you are frequent in doing so. You and I are a minority. The Bible is not always welcome among Christians. Some like to read the Bible, but have not yet arrived to your understanding. I am one sinner that reads the Bible and continue to study it though the book confronts my sin and I break the first and greatest commandment and have difficulty loving God with all of my heart. I do not like life outside the Garden. I do not like what is happening under the sun, and I have my own difficulty and wrestle with things and top of it, I do not well grasp why my prayers are not honored though I find praying "Give us this day our daily bread" is honored and "Thy will be done" seems to be honored. At the same time in scripture, God honors requests from Satan. God likes when the devils ask. Twice with Job, once with Peter and once with a herd of swine and some other moments as well. So I have my struggles on the matter and am not perfect. I wrestle.

One time a Christian man had me read his book. He wrote a book and published a book and gave me a copy. I read his book. Later he asked me if I had read the book. I answered Yes and kept quiet. Then he pressed me to learn if I had actually read it and to say a few things from the book to show I had actually read it. So I did. In his book, he was advocating same-sex marriages and speaking prison sex and what occurred in Sodom and Gomorrah as acts of heterosexual male dominance and not that of homosexual acts which are always kind and loving. He worked in a Methodist church as a director of a shelter. Somehow he twisted scripture for the homosexual movement. I do not find you twisting the Bible. I think you pretty much say it as it is. I did not even try to correct that man. But I learned something I did not want to know about him. How do you correct some people? Anyway, there is more hope for Moonlight and I do believe her to be a daughter of God. But like you have said, the woman's movement and Feminist movement has taken its toll and right now, the genocide movement and Marxist movements and gender mutilation movements are at our door. So things have become very serious and some are looking the other way, but Moonlight is standing up against some of these movements. All of us are flawed human beings and our enemies are greater than each other. Moonlight is not looking the other way on some of these things. So I am glad she takes a stand against some of the things that are going on. But none of us are to put on a pedestal. When people are put on pedestals, they fall.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:26 PM

Deflection is a very common tactic with women so in I'm not surprised you keep trying to put this back on me.

I've said this before that it's obvious to me that your main goal with all the posting you do is to attract attention to yourself in order to feel relevant. Which I honestly don't care about. But wouldn't it be better to try and have an intelligent conversation with commenters you don't like instead of trying deflect their comments?

They way I see it is if you spent more time educating yourself on the topics you post then countering someone else's argument shouldn't be a problem.

But if you are claiming something is OK, but the scriptures say it's not then you shouldn't be posting it in the first place.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9