Author Thread: God Defined marriage
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 18 Mar, 2024 01:50 PM

As first described in Genesis and later affirmed by Jesus, marriage is a God-ordained, covenant relationship between and man and a woman. This lifelong , sexually exclusive relationship brings children into the world and thus sustains the stewardship of the earth.

God Defined marriage

Biblical marriage

Marked by faithfulness

Sacrificial love and joy displays the relationship between

God and his people.

National Association of Evangelicals

www.nae.org

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:32 PM

WalkNTalk just to be clear that last comment wasn't directed at you.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:37 PM

WalkNTalk we appear to have a great deal in common and I was going to PM you but your age restrictions prevent me from doing so. Which by the way I totally understand.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:42 PM

HMan

Most of your comments are degrading women.

This is a Dating site.

What you talk about is not Biblical it is your Views.

You know so much,

Make your agreements on Biblical Forum.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:47 PM

You don't know how to teach Bible you don't understand yourself.

@ Hman

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 01:55 PM

@Hm

My ex husband was an intelligent man

and loved women, that wasn't his problem!

God is watching your Ugly distorted behavior.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 02:11 PM

Moonbeam here's at least part of the problem I have with your post. While I don't disagree with what all you have to say about what a biblical marriage is. WalkNTalk rightly pointed out that when you talk about marriage then the subject of divorce is fair game. The issue I have with you is you you try and teach about what a biblical marriage is, but then condone ungodly divorces.

I interpret that to mean you had an ungodly divorce and you want to ignore that part and try and make it appear to be perfectly fine and OK for others to do. But that makes you a false teacher and I don't want you to be one so I try and get you to see where you are wrong. I have no ill will towards you. I only want you to do the right thing.

I've asked you to show me in the scriptures where I'm wrong. Not to lord it over your head but to get you to read the scriptures yourself in the hopes that you will see it for yourself where or went off the rails and correct it.

As far as I know you have never remarried so that's a good thing. I'm also not saying you to go back to your husband even though I believe that's what God would want. What I really want you to do is not to teach things that are contrary to the scriptures.

There are many subjects you could to talk about that don't go against Gods word so why don't you just spend more time on those?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 03:11 PM

Moonlight, you say, "My ex husband was an intelligent man and loved women, that wasn't his problem!" So why did you divorce? and why have you not gotten back together again?

We've read a few times where you write nice words about your ex-husband . You have called him intelligent and hardworking and say that he loves women. The people writing on these blogs. The women appear to hate men and the men appear to hate women and it appears to be a mess that would not attract people to marriage or the body of Christ. You think men hate women. I think women hate men. Yet, when writing about your husband (x), you have written nice words about him as loving women and hardworking and intelligent. Why did you divorce him?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 03:42 PM

H Man

what I condone is Biblical.

You on the other hand don't know what all is !

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 03:47 PM

" H Man

what I condone is Biblical.

You on the other hand don't know what all is ! "

Then prove it.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 03:48 PM

Making a judgement on what my divorce was are was not, again shows your ignorance in trying to give Others Advice.

Its none of your business.

Go Seek God for Some Wisdom !

Hman

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9