Author Thread: God Defined marriage
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 18 Mar, 2024 01:50 PM

As first described in Genesis and later affirmed by Jesus, marriage is a God-ordained, covenant relationship between and man and a woman. This lifelong , sexually exclusive relationship brings children into the world and thus sustains the stewardship of the earth.

God Defined marriage

Biblical marriage

Marked by faithfulness

Sacrificial love and joy displays the relationship between

God and his people.

National Association of Evangelicals

www.nae.org

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 08:07 AM

Everyone gets off topic on these posts. But I think we are still on topic as divorce and marriage go hand in hand.

I do believe all of us sin and all of us have sinned and that adultery is just another sin that people are forgiven for. God forgave David. He confronted David for his sin. David admitted sin. David had an unauthorized census for which the whole country suffered. He is more known for his sin of having another man's wife, then having that man killed to cover his sin. David regretted his sin and in some ways was punished for his sin, though God forgave him.

Rahab the prostitute was an adulteress woman. Yet, she believed in the God of Israel and feared the God of Israel and through faith found her way into the genealogy of Jesus Christ. I believe her sins were forgiven and by faith got her reward and found her way into the genealogy of Jesus

James 2:25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction?

Hebrews 11:31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.

Anyway, I do believe there is forgiveness.

We are to be a new creation in Christ Jesus.

One may then be able to marry again if they so choose. But I am not saying what is right or wrong. There is the former self and the new self in Christ Jesus supposedly and I do not want to judge what is right or wrong. The Law which condemns us is clear. Jesus did not condemn the adulteress woman who was brought before him to be made an example. He says to leave one's life of sin and he ushers in a period of grace. So we are under grace more than the law. But God's Law is still in effect to condemn sin and confront sin and to show us that we all have sinned and that our hope of eternal life is not on observance of the Law which condemns us, but hope in Christ Jesus and God's forgiveness. So somethings we leave between a person and God. We can point out what the Bible says. The Law is plain enough. But grace through Jesus is also plain. Therefore, I do not want to say a divorced woman cannot marry again. Yes, Jesus is plain to say that anyone that marries a divorced woman commits adultery. That is plain enough. True, Jesus tells us because people's hearts were hard that Moses gave the commands on divorce. But all us our sinners and all that the Bible shows is that we are all sinners and that there is hope in Christ Jesus for forgiveness of sin and there is the Good News that reconciles us to God. Therefore, while my conviction is against marriage and against divorce, I do not want to be absolute in saying that a divorced woman can never marry again because Christ has forgiven her. But we should be somber before the Lord on somethings. I just do not want to judge everyone for their sins as we all sin and we are all in need of God's forgiveness. I don't want to judge. But I have my own convictions. I think God makes whatever exceptions he likes. Yet no one is worthy but the Lamb to open the scroll. God shows who he approves. David ate the consecrated bread which was unlawful for him to do. But God regarded him as innocent on that matter. Happy is the man who sins God not remember.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 08:22 AM

H Man thinks he knows it all Yet he needs a good " teacher" .

God doesn't like arrogance.

Never do nice women.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 08:28 AM

@Walk

Thanks for posting the above paragraph. I read it .

Shows your intelligence in many areas.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 09:53 AM

WalkNTalk while I agree that we are forgiven for our sins and yes remarriage & fornication are forgivable sins. They are also correctable sins, but can also be repeatable or habitual. I honestly don't think that asking for forgiveness for remarrying means that you are automatically forgiven for adultery resulting from that remarriage. Yes you can also ask for forgiveness for the adultery. But I don't think asking for forgiveness absolves you of committing future sins.

In other words if you get divorced contrary to the scriptures and ask for forgiveness. OK you're forgiven. You get remarried contrary to the scriptures and ask for forgiveness. OK you're forgiven. You got married against the scriptures and according to the scriptures you committed adultery and ask for forgiveness. OK you're forgiven BUT you keep committing adultery because you haven't corrected or stopped the original sins and so you keep sinning.

The way I see it is it's like committing murder and then asking for forgiveness, but then expecting God to forgive you for the same sin over and over again without asking for forgiveness or asking but, then expecting God to bless the sin.

In a nut shell asking forgiveness for remarrying doesn't absolve you from committing adultery. Asking forgiveness for committing adultery doesn't absolve you from committing future adultery resulting from the remarriage.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 10:22 AM

If a man thinks he can be married with a marriage license, and love with a wife, then he is s fornicator.

If the man leaves the woman and goes finds another woman to just live with . He is a fornicator.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 10:24 AM

Fornication is Sex between a man and woman who are not married to each other.

Fyi

Many men are Fornicators .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 10:32 AM

Marriage is to be held in honor among all and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Fyi

Judge Yourself first !

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 10:35 AM

@Hm

It's what God says!!

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 10:37 AM

" if a man thinks he can be married without a marriage license"

Corrected

Handyman62

View Profile
History
God Defined marriage
Posted : 19 Mar, 2024 10:38 AM

I have a little more I want to say on the subject of divorce and remarriage.

So if you divorce and remarry on non biblical grounds and ask for forgiveness, yes you can be forgiven. BUT does that validate the divorce and remarriage?

I would say not because they were both done contrary to the scriptures and although a sin can be forgiven, that doesn't make what was done right and something done in sin is still wrong so the only difference is we are absolved from the sin but the wrong still exist and if you still participate in that wrong then you continue to commit sin.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9