Author Thread
LittleDavid

View Profile
Mean people
Posted : 14 May, 2024 12:05 PM

Yeah, maybe that’s why some men rush to judgment over false threats of suicide. Not everyone is fooled by suicide blackmail.

Nevertheless, there will always be those naive “nice” people, (eg the proverbial armchair quarter back), who is quick to assemble a hasty justification for those they perceive as troubled. Unaware of psychotic deception, these armchair psychologists play well into the hands of the psycho huckster. Suicidal threats are indeed an effective tool and if used as a blackmail works great to get one’s way. I know, because l used to threaten to kill myself years ago. It kinda went like this: “if I don’t get what I want, I’ll kill myself”. It might work for awhile but I’m just glad my parents weren’t as stupid as some of those posting online.

Other cases of suicide blackmail happen at criminal court proceedings all the time. Guy gets busted, goes to court and gets sentenced. He then threatens suicide if he has to go to prison.

The sad thing is, people who are aware of blackmail suicide threats get blacklisted as uncaring. Nothing could be further from the truth. Professional counselors follow established suicide prevention protocols. All threats are taken seriously. But no one is helped when by coddling the suicide blackmailer. AND no one is helped by blaming other people for someone else’s head strong suicidal tendencies.

Worse yet, it’s even more disingenuous whenever those wanna be quarterback counselors but who know nothing about the pitfalls inherent in human nature, weigh in with thier unprofessional hayseed twaddle and tosh

LittleDavid

View Profile
Did Jesus begin evangelizing people by saying, “God has a wonderful plan for your life” or did he say, “God loves you” like modern evangelists do⁉️⁉️
Posted : 13 May, 2024 08:01 PM

Moonlight, you claim modern miracles. I’ve asked you for one example. It’s been months and you can’t name A SINGLE ONE‼️‼️

It’s been 2000 years since Jesus performed his last miracle. If you believe miracles still happen today after Jesus and the Apostles left earth then why can’t you put just one on display.

Stop fooling people‼️ There’s a lot of damage done in the name of Christ and to innocent people by teaching false miracles.

You ought to try reading about how much Joni Erickson Tada suffered in the mist of such false teachings. False teachers mercilessly browbeat her. They blamed her for not receiving a miracle healing to cure her of quadriplegia‼️‼️

I will continue to expose false claims of the modern miracles. If you’re offended, then be offended

LittleDavid

View Profile
Did Jesus begin evangelizing people by saying, “God has a wonderful plan for your life” or did he say, “God loves you” like modern evangelists do⁉️⁉️
Posted : 13 May, 2024 07:42 PM

Moonlight, I pick apart false teachings and you provide the false teachings‼️‼️ We make a great team ‼️‼️😂😎🤣🤓😇

LittleDavid

View Profile
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 07:34 PM

Sorry rbj, I read your thread title and forgot about it being on the “Ask a Girl” forum‼️‼️

Embarrassing

LittleDavid

View Profile
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 07:31 PM

You’re right moonlight ‼️‼️

Whoops‼️🫢😨

LittleDavid

View Profile
Do you seek a submissive woman for a monogamous marriage?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 07:23 PM

The original marriage between Adam and Eve was perfect, THAT IS, before Adam failed to assert his God ordained headship and instead listened to Eve and so ate the forbidden fruit.

Eve was deceived by the temptor but Adam was not deceived but chose to listen to his wife and eat the forbidden fruit anyway.

As a result of that one sin, the war between the sexes took shape. Women desire to control and men want unconditional submission.

The only cure to that war is true love and loving submission to the original Creator who made us

In answer to your question. Paul addressed the kind of relationship with God we ought to desire. If we love God, we submit to him and we love his children. When we submit to God out of pure love, our relationship leading to marriage is on the road to restoration (restoration to the original ideal).

No one can love and not forgive‼️‼️

Easy for me to say. It’s another thing to live out what I preach.

The only thing that can mature and save a relationship is forgiveness. I must forgive because I’ve been forgiven

To sum up. No one is more like God than when he forgives.

So. Find a partner who forgives and BE a partner who forgives‼️‼️

LittleDavid

View Profile
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 06:42 PM

You’re right about love conquering all.

1 Corinthians 13

Berean Standard Bible

Love

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have absolute faith so as to move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and exult in the surrender of my body,a but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when the perfect comes, the partial passes away.

11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I set aside childish ways. 12Now we see but a dim reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Can true love conquer?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 06:34 PM

That’s right rbj, know-it-alls are very annoying especially to those of us who DO know it all‼️‼️😎😂🤣😇

I said that to one of my lady friends but she got annoyed at me. I was just joking around but I think she must have thought I was serious. Maybe she thought I was the original know it all. 🤓

LittleDavid

View Profile
What does Genesis 3:16 “your desire will be for your husband…”, mean?
Posted : 13 May, 2024 04:09 PM

Thank you W&T for adding other helpful examples.

So, we can conclude the curse that Eve (womankind) must endure will express its self contrariwise in the marriage relationship. Instead of peace, harmony and loving submission, Eve will now desire to dominate.

LittleDavid

View Profile
Posted : 12 May, 2024 06:23 PM

The reason I remain skeptical of modern day attestations of miracles is because of the profound absence of miracles ever since the time of the Apostles. It appears miracles ceased after they were martyred.

Furthermore, the Apostle Paul healed 👉everyone👈who came for healing, just like Jesus did. That is, until near the end of his earthy ministry, at which time, he did not heal Timothy and he did not heal another person of whom it is said “…l left him sick in Miletus…”.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10