Author Thread: Childfree By Choice
JA03

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 6 Mar, 2024 01:36 PM

Good morning!

I hope to get married one day, but I don't want to have children. I've noticed that It's really hard to find a young Christian girl who doesn't want kids.

Some 95% of young (18 - 35) people with no kids hope to have kids one day.

I've had to reject a few dates because of this dealbreaker. I understand that this is my fault for choosing to have an unpopular opinion. Has anyone else here found themselves in a similar situation? ...and does anyone have tips for finding a childfree girl?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 11:34 AM

Yes I am I believe the success or failure of the relationship falls on both parties…:-)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 12:05 PM

Jayzeee, you said, "it takes two to make or break a relationship. No [one] is completely blameless when a relationship fails."

Wasn't Uriah the Hittite responsible for his marriage taking the direction that it took? ...in 2 Samuel 11? Does it not take two to destroy a marriage? He must have some fault according to what you said.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 12:22 PM

So God MADE ONE and the two BECOME ONE. (Genesis 2:24, Malachi 2:15 and whoops! 1 Corinthians 6:16)

Marriage without the marriage! Instant marriage!

God PRONOUNCES ONE. Then they are ONE.

We just say it does not count because an absense of fanfare and absense of license and certificate and absense of exchanging rings and vows and absense of church and pastor or priest or governing official. But God pronounce ONE. You are now husband and wife. Or maybe adulterers.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 12:35 PM

Only one thing you have to have in the USA is a marriage license to be legally married.

None of the other things you mentioned is a must except a person qualified to marry a couple!

Fyi

We not in old Testament days before Christ.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 01:18 PM

So Adam and Eve are not legally married in the USA.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 06:05 PM

Ok, got it, thanks W&T

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 16 Mar, 2024 07:19 PM

Women are initiating over 70% of all divorces and as a man I believe with the utmost confidence that over 99% of those divorces are for trivial reasons. And for the remaining percentage where men initiate divorce. I believe 95% of those are because the women cheat or are absolutely intolerable human beings and the men have to leave to save their sanity.

But any divorce brought about for any reason other than infidelity is a sin. That doesn't mean in the absence of infidelity couples can't separate, either temporarily or permanently. However it does mean that they can never remarry without committing adultery.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 17 Mar, 2024 12:03 AM

I’m confused I thought we were talking about people in now days relationships who “choose” to end them for whatever reason.

Uriah nor his wife “chose” to end their marriage. A third party having taken advantage of the wife, had the husband murdered to cover his wrong doing…:-)

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 17 Mar, 2024 07:18 AM

Marriage is a partnership not a dictatorship. Bible definitely does not teach dictatorship over a wife. Seek understanding from a Man who knows and understand Scripture.

@ Men.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Childfree By Choice
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 10:20 AM

Moonbeam you're still trying to tell people that husbands aren't above wives when the Bible clearly states that in several scriptures. You are again trying to do so by saying that marriage is not a dictatorship and although the Bible doesn't say that it is one. It does say that Husbands are over wives and are to be submissive to husbands. Keep being disingenuous and I will keep pointing it out.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5