Author Thread: Younger brother seeing woman 10 years older
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Younger brother seeing woman 10 years older
Posted : 1 Mar, 2024 10:14 PM

My younger brother (22) is seeing a girl (32) and my family absolutely does not approve. He claims they go to a lake, eat for a while, sit in a car, and drive. Today, he claimed he did that and he was out for 10 hours! We have told him that this is an inappropriate relationship and she doesn't work, go to school, etc. But he claims she likes her company.

What would you do in this situation?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2024 10:45 PM

If I dated a woman 10 years older than me she would be 80z!!

At my age, my family would probably tell me not to rush in to anything‼️🤣😂😇

Seriously, I don’t know what your family or you believe is “inappropriate” about the relationship. Is the age thing, the time together or that she’s a 32 year old “girl” and not a 32 year old woman or all the above and then some?

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2024 11:27 PM

Everything!

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 06:47 AM

Women are rarely attracted to younger men so it's a little unusual. But it's not unusual for a younger man to be attracted an older woman because men aren't that picky.

Modern women for the most part are only interested in Chad's, Tyrone's, bad boys or wealthy men that can provide them a luxury lifestyle.

So what that means is at least 90% of men are invisible to most women including your brother. Quite frankly this older woman my be the only female he has a chance to date and if it gets that far, marry. Chances are though she will eventually find another young man and break your brothers heart.

As with most people neither you or your family have any clue what's going on out there in the dating world. Women are being absolute fools in so many ways because they have been given freedoms they don't deserve nor can they handle.

The inmates are running the asylum.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 09:31 AM

He claims he likes her company.

22 and 32

Well, she is not old enough to be his mother. So you can take comfort in that!

He would make a good kinsman, kinsman-redeemer, guardian-redeemer, family line redeemer like in Genesis 38:11 Judah then said to his daughter-in-law Tamar, “Live as a widow in your father’s household until my son Shelah grows up.”

The gospels speak of this too.

Mark 12:19, Luke 20:28. But that is Old Testament.

Anyway, I do not think it is such a great age difference. Abraham had at least that on Sarah.

There too was a ten year difference.

Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?” (Genesis 17:17)

I would be more concerned if he was still in high school and dating a woman ten years older.

There are other matters more important than a ten year difference.

My uncle married a woman 7 years older. His wife actually out lived him. And my brother dated a woman 7 years older. Of all the women he dated, she was his favorite. But she would not leave her parents. After her parents died, they spoke of marriage. Then she died. My brother has not sought another girlfriend.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 10:01 AM

They both young and single so no problem. She's still young .

Many young men are more mature than some older men.

Old men are seeking young women but it's only wishful thinking most times unless they wealthy men .

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 11:41 AM

I think it’s fine for you and your family to wisely suggest things to your brother but since he’s an adult, ultimately the choice who he dates remains his .

I know nothing about your brother. I have no idea how reckless he lives (or even if he lives recklessly), or if he is a true believer in God or what not.

Perhaps in your case, knowing all the particulars, you are offering him wiser advice. Maybe you all have already had friendly chats with him about your concerns

But what is “inappropriate”, without specifics, for anyone else may not be inappropriate for someone else.

All I can suggest is this: make sure your concerns arise out of what’s right and not from your personal preferences

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 12:33 PM

I agree with Moonlight, it is immature of old men to want a woman.

I also agree with Handyman: 90% of men are invisible to most women. Modern women for the most part are only interested in Chad's, Tyrone's, bad boys or wealthy men that can provide them a luxury lifestyle.

Both are right!

Shirley Temple responded when given a life-time achievement award, her advice was to start young.

If it didn't happen by 40, why bother?

If we have nothing relationally to show for by the time women are 40 or by the time men are 50, there is no real reason to be on these sites.

I concur. Just wishful thinking!

But your brother is still young and someday, he may have wished he had married the 32 year old rather than waiting another 20 years for someone else.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 01:43 PM

Interesting and good perspectives. Thank you for your kind advice everyone

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 02:11 PM

But she doesn't work, and my brother acts weird when he comes back, not sure if she smokes, etc. She has no future and stays home all day while her brother supports her

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 03:58 PM

Interesting!

For the sake of your brother, maybe you should get to know her more well.

Page : 1 2 3 4