Author Thread: Younger brother seeing woman 10 years older
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Younger brother seeing woman 10 years older
Posted : 1 Mar, 2024 10:14 PM

My younger brother (22) is seeing a girl (32) and my family absolutely does not approve. He claims they go to a lake, eat for a while, sit in a car, and drive. Today, he claimed he did that and he was out for 10 hours! We have told him that this is an inappropriate relationship and she doesn't work, go to school, etc. But he claims she likes her company.

What would you do in this situation?

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 07:34 PM

" But she doesn't work, and my brother acts weird when he comes back, not sure if she smokes, etc. She has no future and stays home all day while her brother supports her "

Men are supposed to support their women & children that's one of the things we were built for so there's nothing wrong with that other then they're not married.

If it ever gets to the point that he decides to marry her the best advice you could give your brother is to only marry her in the Church and not involve government by getting a marriage license. That way if things don't work out she cant come after him for his money and possessions, provided he's not in a state that has common law marriages.

Just keep in mind a marriage in the Church with or without a license is still a marriage in God's eyes and if children are involved your brother will still be on the hook for child support which is as it should be.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 08:10 PM

I agree a man is supposed to support his wife. But the Proverbs 31:10-31 woman is a very self-sufficient hard working woman. She is not idle and she does not rely on her husband for support. I disagree that a man is to pay child support when the woman leaves.

Abraham never paid Hagar. He sent her away with confidence that God would look after her and Ishmael. Later on, he gave an inheritance to his sons. But he did not make child support payments to Hagar.

What does God teach?

A man is to provide food, clothing and seed to his woman.

Exodus 21:11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money. The government is just trying to destroy the family. Fewer women would not be leaving their husbands if they knew in leaving their husbands they would be getting nothing. It is a government over reach. There is no true freedom to practice religion while the government is always seeking to undermine Bible teachings. Another reason to not marry.

I do not know how much a helpmate this woman will be for your brother, but now is the time to get to know her and to give thought to her. No mistake has been made yet. Get to know her. Maybe go on double dates with your brother. Get to know the woman. Invite her to events and dinners and gatherings.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 09:42 PM

" I agree a man is supposed to support his wife. But the Proverbs 31:10-31 woman is a very self-sufficient hard working woman. She is not idle and she does not rely on her husband for support. I disagree that a man is to pay child support when the woman leaves. "

To me it looks like it implies women are to be independent from men which I don't believe is what the scripture is saying because women left to their own devices is extremely detrimental to themselves and the family. But I do believe that women just like men need to work and be productive.

In a perfect world women wouldn't leave marriages and take the children and with the law on their side extort money from their ex husbands. I believe that men should be given the option to keep the children and only pay child support if they give up custody to the ex wife.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 05:54 AM

A couple is not legally married without a Marriage License and if any person says so, they Wrong in the USA.

Most women are able to keep their child when there is a divorce, however, Some children do go with the father for various reasons according to circumstances.

Both parents should support their Children .

Unfortunately for decades many women have children no husband , no jobs so they live on government assistance.

I worked hard as a women and my husband was a hardworking Man.

@ OP

Parents should not tell Grown Men who to choose for a Partner or date. Unless the gal is a known

criminal or drug addict. IMO

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 06:46 AM

True! Adam and Eve were not legally married.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 07:17 AM

"A couple is not legally married without a Marriage License and if any person says so, they Wrong in the USA."

A marriage in the eyes of God does not require a license from any human government.

“Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh” (Genesis 2:24)."

Once you involve the government in the marriage then government can dictate what happens before,during and after the marriage. Government can also dictate who gets marriages licenses like homosexual couples or any number of perverse couples. So why should God and Christians be a part of that?

Nowadays especially among women, marriage is viewed as a temporary thing until something better comes along. So why is that? It's because government makes it very easy to get a divorce without any real reason. Government also makes it very easy for women to legally extort money from their ex husbands. So Involving government in marriage/divorce mainly only benefits women and punishes men.

I believe that if a husband leaves his wife for any reason other than infidelity on her part, then he should support her provided she's not able to do so. But if a wife leaves her husband then she should get nothing regardless of her ability to provide for herself.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 07:27 AM

In that regard, we are all brats.

This was a subject in the film on Gandhi wherein the government policy invalidated traditional unions and made everyone a brat. It stirred up quite a moment. The brilliant young Gandhi gained much notice for calling the government out on it. Like John the Baptist calling Herod out saying it was unlawful for him to have his brother's wife. So people make their own laws -- all too eager to replace God's Laws. I agree that government does not recognize what the government has not done. So we began as brats as our first parents never married. It would be a great and prized historical document to see Adam and Eve's marriage license and marriage certificates framed in a museum. People might want to steal them. I myself would covet their marriage license and marriage certificate. I would want them both. A PRIZED POSSESSION OF HISTORICAL WORTH! WOW! Give me those documents! I want them! I want them framed! Nothing counts without them.

On another matter, I do not believe in excluding parents from your decision or in the process of finding a spouse.

Parents may suggest someone. In the Bible and in some cultures, there are arranged marriages. In the Bible, it is a parental right in cases. Under HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER, their opinion does matter. Sometimes, we choose poorly. When Esau was forty years old, he married Judith daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and also Basemath daughter of Elon the Hittite. They were a source of grief to Isaac and Rebekah. (Genesis 26:34-35)

A brother of mine said there was not a woman that our parents approved. Yet, some of us married anyway and those marriages have either been divorce or talk of divorce.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 07:31 AM

I agree with Handyman

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 08:52 AM

We are to abide by the Law in the USA.

Does not matter what you think. Marriage License is required for a Legal marriage.

Many Women have suffered in a divorce as well not just Men. Some Men didn't have any Material wealth to begin with.

God put Eve with Adam and she was created from his sid rib.

Not from his foot.

Biblical days not the same as decades later.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2024 08:55 AM

" his rib"

Men are not always husbands study what a husband is in your Bible.

Page : 1 2 3 4