Author Thread: Everyone Is Different
JA03

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 04:12 AM

What's up everyone,

So ...I'm a little tired of people saying that "this is what all men want", or "this is what all women want".

The truth is that when it comes to seeking a partner, everyone has different preferences for certain personality traits and physical features.

What turns one person on, turns another person off.

I think it's a good idea to normalise asking someone "What do YOU look for?".

God bless y'all

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 05:43 AM

You are right. I have met and dated several Men who were very nice to Women and liked Women. Then you have the Mean Men who degrade women.

JA03

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 06:40 AM

100%

There's nice men, bad men, nice women, bad women. There's no such thing as a "better gender".

My post was more about how different people look for different things in a partner. Example: Some men prefer "loud and confident" women, some men prefer "quiet and sweet" women. Some men prefer fat, some men prefer skinny etc etc

...yet people often say "men always go for such and such".

The same can be said about women too.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 07:17 AM

There's certainly a mix of personality types but all men have common natural traits and all women have common natural traits. Some of those traits are good and some are not. They can be stronger in some and weaker in others.

But the traits are hard wired. That doesn't mean they can't be influenced. God's word speaks a lot of the nature of man and tries to teach us to quash the negative natural traits and grow positive spiritual traits.

People can deny it all they want! But there's no getting around the fact that men are a lot more alike and women are a lot more alike then they realize.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 08:41 AM

Not all men want children. Not all women want children. But I want children.

Not all men want marriage. Not all women want marriage. This site has all types and people can read it right away in the profiles. There is not much "all men" this and "all women" that. Only once in a while, one reads broad statements like "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" and "No one is righteous, not even one" which are Bible verses. The Bible says Jesus came eating and drinking and that John came neither eating nor drinking. Some are polygamous, some are monogamous, some are eunuchs, some are celibate. The kingdom of God has all types. But all are sinners and all need Jesus. Not everything is sin. But we all sin. When I look at profiles, I see very quickly what a person wants. Even the simplest of profiles, one finds very quickly what a person wants. Yet in the Bible, there are some stereotypes and some things that are too often true.

Matthew 23:37 and Luke 13:34

“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing.

John 1:46

“Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?” Nathanael asked.

Titus 1:12-14, One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.” This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth.

One gives their opinions on these blogs. Some point to scripture. One takes it with a grain of salt. Definitely everybody here is different. No one is on the same page. One may come on the blogs because there are no messages in their box. There is the hope to expand the horizon. But everyone is a thousand miles away and no one is alike. So I find here that no one is alike. I do not find all men this and all women that. Plainly no people are on the same page, except upon a point here and a point there. Everybody is different! No one is the same. So I am not tired of all men this and all women that as I have not heard much of it. I do hope to find a lady that thinks like me, but the conservative thinkers think very differently as well. No one is alike.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 09:00 AM

Great point. Reminds me of a bumper sticker a friend had on her converted school bus.

“You all laugh at me because I’m so different, I laugh at you because you’re ALL THE SAME”‼️‼️‼️

🤣😂😇

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 09:08 AM

True, there is some of that here.

You are tired of people saying "this is what all men want", or "this is what all women want".

And some of that is going on. Perhaps you have read more blogs than I have and I have not seen as much of it as you.

The idea is we are here to find someone likeminded. I do not find anyone likeminded, but I look on, as God did not put it in everyone to be single and celibate. So naturally, many of us come here to change that. We cast our bread upon the water and see what return. Like the parable of the sower. Not everything takes root and something comes along to kill what we've planted. People hope to find some worth in being on here and once in a while we may have a worthwhile conversation or two. But how many find their mate?

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 09:53 AM

I honestly think the more a person digs into male & female nature the more they will learn how most men share the same desires & tendencies and how most women share the same desires & tendencies.

Yes there are some personality differences but that doesn't change the commonalities we all share and I believe that's how God designed us and it was for a purpose.

Here's an example of common traits among genders:

Say a male and a female are strolling along the beach and a would be attacker threatens them. Who's more likely going to be the protector and who is not?

Well we all know the answer. The male will fight to protect the female and the female will not try and protect the male.

JA03

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 02:34 PM

Thanks for your input everyone!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 03:29 PM

I welcome a female to protect me. Some are pretty skilled with martial arts, and I lack the moves.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Everyone Is Different
Posted : 4 Mar, 2024 03:31 PM

Also, I am probably nearing the age of having a heart attack from over excitement.

Page : 1 2