Author Thread: This last date made me give up on dating entirely, have you had that happen too
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
This last date made me give up on dating entirely, have you had that happen too
Posted : 10 Feb, 2024 09:16 AM

I was talking to a man I met on here for about a year and a half. We got along and talked a lot, pretty much every day. Eventually, he said that we should meet. We ended up meeting and he told me he might be quiet at first so I said okay. I met him over the course of a weekend for three separate days because he stayed here for the weekend in my city.

I noticed anytime I would try talking to him, he would ping-pong it right back and never expound on any conversation to be had. I was trying to get him to open up a little. After meeting he ghosted me. This is after almost two years of talking, exchanging Christmas gifts, and me getting up at 6 am for work that day and meeting him after.

Later, I come to find on his profile that he didn't want to "see a girl's surroundings, but to get to know the girl" haha hilarious. I don't think so. I even tried going out to the city because I thought that would get him out of his shell.

Needless to say the whole experience was weird. We talked beforehand about our morals etc, how we view relationships, etc. He even said he forgot one of our conversations even though I had told him prior. He also kept asking me are you affectionate?? I told him in a relationship I am.

He also texted me after one of the days and said you went home early, even though I had spent 5 hours with him! Going to dinner. I made a lot of effort to get to know and everything but even the barista at the coffee shop we went to gave him the cold staredown so I think people had him dialed before me. What do you think happened? It has made me not want to pursue anyone further or get into a relationship at all. In fact, I have made a vow to give up entirely.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 11:53 AM

First you say this:

" I noticed anytime I would try talking to him, he would ping-pong it right back and never expound on any conversation to be had. I was trying to get him to open up a little. After meeting he ghosted me. This is after almost two years of talking, exchanging Christmas gifts, and me getting up at 6 am for work that day and meeting him after. "

And then you try and walk it back and say this:

" Went really in depth to ask about what he does for the Christmas season, where his favorite trips have been, about his family, his home where he is from. I said things about me too - a thing called equal conversation which we had "

This is a very common issue with most women. They are so desperate to find a reason for their failure to meet the perfect man, stay in a relationship or when they end up getting divorced that they will seek validation by posting about those failures.

More often than not those stories are a generally pretty one sided in favor of the women. The reason for that is a lot of women with bend over backwards to give the perception that it was the men who were at fault for the failures thereby garnering the almighty validation they seek.

Unfortunately when women are allowed to get away with this kind of bad behavior they don't learn what they need to know in order to foster good relationships with men. Many have and others will end up Husband less, childless and living with many cats.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2024 11:11 AM

Guys give up soo easily these days... tsk tsk no wonder so many women are single

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Feb, 2024 01:23 PM

HazelEyesSparkle other than you and your date no one else really knows why things went sour. But if I was a betting man I would say that you were mostly to blame and not that he gave up to soon. Maybe he should have stuck it out longer but then again maybe he dodged a bullet.

I believe you're in your 30s now and quite frankly running out of time to have children. No doubt you still get a lot of online attention and yet you're still single. I said it before and I'll say it again it has jaded your sense of value in the dating and marrying market.

You're looking for that allusive perfect top tier man and whenever you land a date with a promising prospect. You either reject him for some lame reason or he rejects you because you turn him off. And let me tell you for most men to reject a woman she has to be doing something really wrong because most men are Symps and willing to tolerate a lot dumb stuff from women. If they weren't most women would never find a man to marry them. On the other hand truly masculine men don't tolerate much garbage from women so that may have been the type of man your date was.

In the real world women control dating and men control the decision to marry. Sadly though modern women are operating from a new set of rules and those rules aren't biblical.

Modern society loves to blame men for women's woes when in fact almost every problem women have is self imposed. While men have a higher tendency to simplify things, women bend over backwards to complicate them. Women will come to a date with 30 to 40 icks that will disqualify a man. While the typical man will come to that date with an average of 3.

Men are easy to please and want so little from women, and yet if you ask most women what men want they will tell you several things. But most of those things are what society and other women say men should want instead of what me actually want. So contrary to the popular belief among women, men don't find masculine traits in women attractive.

Being a loud obnoxious boss babe is not attractive. But being shy, soft spoken and accommodating is. So learn it, love it, live it.

silver761

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Feb, 2024 11:14 PM

This is the worst thing about dating. You start talking to someone, develop friendship, and then the other person vanishes into thin air. This has been done to me as well. It's very hard to get over it, because people like closure. If they break up or you get into a fight and they say mean things and you never talk again, then even though it's sad end, it's still easier to heal, because you feel like it's over. It's ended. But when someone just disappears and you don't know if something happened to them or they died or what and just keep thinking about that person... this can drag on forever. And there is no end to the story.

Naklily256

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Feb, 2024 12:52 PM

Mmmh this has really caught my attention. What is it exactly men look for in ladies ,

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2024 09:19 AM

Paul encourages the single life. It is entirely up to you whether you marry or not. Reading the last response from Handyman, you may be happier to remain single.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2024 09:29 AM

Some men want to serve Jesus. Other men do not want to serve Jesus.

Some men want children. Other men don't want children.

Some men want to be out. Other men waste their hours on the internet or watching tv.

Not all men are the same.

What is the same is there are often hints and their are often clashes. Good when you experience clashes early on to save you from error. Thank Jesus for these clashes that keep you from pursuing further or marrying. WHO WANTS CLASHES IN MARRIAGE? A WAR OF WORDS is not what we want in our "till death do we part" relationship. Take the clues and take the hints. Follow your own heart!

Page : 1 2