Author Thread: This last date made me give up on dating entirely, have you had that happen too
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
This last date made me give up on dating entirely, have you had that happen too
Posted : 10 Feb, 2024 09:16 AM

I was talking to a man I met on here for about a year and a half. We got along and talked a lot, pretty much every day. Eventually, he said that we should meet. We ended up meeting and he told me he might be quiet at first so I said okay. I met him over the course of a weekend for three separate days because he stayed here for the weekend in my city.

I noticed anytime I would try talking to him, he would ping-pong it right back and never expound on any conversation to be had. I was trying to get him to open up a little. After meeting he ghosted me. This is after almost two years of talking, exchanging Christmas gifts, and me getting up at 6 am for work that day and meeting him after.

Later, I come to find on his profile that he didn't want to "see a girl's surroundings, but to get to know the girl" haha hilarious. I don't think so. I even tried going out to the city because I thought that would get him out of his shell.

Needless to say the whole experience was weird. We talked beforehand about our morals etc, how we view relationships, etc. He even said he forgot one of our conversations even though I had told him prior. He also kept asking me are you affectionate?? I told him in a relationship I am.

He also texted me after one of the days and said you went home early, even though I had spent 5 hours with him! Going to dinner. I made a lot of effort to get to know and everything but even the barista at the coffee shop we went to gave him the cold staredown so I think people had him dialed before me. What do you think happened? It has made me not want to pursue anyone further or get into a relationship at all. In fact, I have made a vow to give up entirely.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2024 09:54 AM

A date/ meet up does not always means more, not a relationship or potential spouse. Talking Online is not a relationship no matter how long you communicated.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2024 12:11 PM

Yes understandably but we did meet as friends first though but he said he liked me a lot. I guess the way he lovebombed and then completely vanished was strange.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2024 04:44 PM

Perhaps you need to look more at yourself and not at him. It's very possible you're the one who made a bad impression.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Feb, 2024 05:48 PM

It's unfortunate that men have to perform a song & dance when on dates or even when just talking to women online. If his performance doesn't impress her then there's something wrong with him.

More and more men are getting sick of the unrealistic expectations modern women have of them and it's beginning to show in how much they're willing to endure when on a date.

Most women have no clue what a man is looking for nor do these women even care to know. What they think they do know they learn from other women who also have no clue but it's accepted as the truth.

HazelEyesSparkle did it ever occur to you that maybe your date didn't really have much in his life worth talking about and you hounding him to do so came off as insulting or just down right annoying?

Believe it or not most men work much harder & longer hours for less money then the average woman. And as such don't have the money to waste on doing exciting things, not to mention having to foot the bill for the cost of going on dates, proposals, engagements and marriages.

Typically women are extremely selfish and make everything about themselves and in general are terrible dates.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2024 12:40 AM

No I haven’t had that happen to me, also I wouldn’t talk to someone online for a year. If we are not talking about meeting within a few weeks I will bid him farewell…:-)

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Feb, 2024 09:09 PM

No, I'm a Proverbs 26:11, 2 Peter 2:22 kind of guy.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 07:28 AM

Jayzeee you have a point there because my dad has said the same thing before. Not to wait weeks and weeks. That a guy should be seeing you after a few weeks

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 07:29 AM

Walkntalk haha funny!

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 07:30 AM

And for the record, he did like me and complimented me multiple times on the date. Even said I have a positive vibe about this

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Feb, 2024 07:32 AM

Went really in depth to ask about what he does for the Christmas season, where his favorite trips have been, about his family, his home where he is from. I said things about me too - a thing called equal conversation which we had

Page : 1 2