Author Thread: Aguish in Waiting
Chicboon

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 07:54 PM

Have you ever experienced what it feels like to be in a dark tunnel of agony then you begin to ask the Lord, "Why would you allow a wonderful and godly person go through this?"

Some might say, "Life doesn't end there, we need to go on, and hope." Easier said than done but we can look at what's written in James 1:2-3 "Consider it joy when you face trials of many kinds; when your faith succeeds you will have the ability to endure."

The joy here isn't about becoming a masochist welcoming every pain that may come along whilst enjoying every trials but can be found in His word that can give us comfort and assurance.

Pain is inevitable even while waiting for your Lifetime Partner, how do you overcome and find joy?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 08:20 PM

The Saints in Revelation ask "How long?" (Revelation 6:10)

Chicboon

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 12:15 AM

Comforting to think of and a great diversion to wait upon the time when God is yet to judge and finally allow His people experience the joy to be in His presence. Waiting can at times be tormenting, boring to some while others become impatient. I think what's important for every believer is to hold a torch that will light each journey.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 18 Apr, 2024 10:20 AM

Life is like playing the lottery. Some win good lives and others do not. It doesn't matter if you're a Christian or a non believer. Sometimes try as you might, life just isn't going to be fair.

We are not destined to receive our reward in this life but in the next. We're supposed to take solace in that but I will admit that I have been unable able to.

silver761

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 21 Apr, 2024 10:23 PM

I try to focus on positive things as much as I can. For example, on Facebook, I joined groups that post jokes everyday. So, everytime I open Facebook, I see a bunch of funny cartoons and videos. I try not to go to places where I see too many married people like the beach or certain churches where young families seem to be in dominance. I don't want to focus on the fact that others are married, and I am not. You CAN choose what you focus on. Of course, sometimes stuff will just get in front of you and you have no control over that, but for the most part, you can control what you think about all the day. And if you shift your focus to happy things, then you become happy. It doesn't fix things, but at least it's somewhat easier to single than just being miserable all the time.

silver761

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 21 Apr, 2024 10:24 PM

something like that. I wish we could edit our posts.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 03:52 AM

Tom Petty sang "Waiting is the hardest part"

Julie Andrews sang "These are a few of my favorite things" "When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad."

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 03:59 PM

Shifting focus away from whats causing distress is always helpful.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 10:42 PM

Abraham and Sarah waited and longed for the promised son but he didn’t come along until God decided.

Job longed for answers in his sufferings. But as far as we understand, he never knew about some of the details in the first few chapters of the book of Job. All he knew was bitter suffering made worse by ignorant friends

The Psalms are full of suffering and loneliness. At the same time the writer noted how the wicked prosper.

Sick man Lazareth longed for food scrapes from a rich man’s table while the rich man had all kinds of luxuries and probably even a family and wife. But there’s no reason to believe Lazareth had any of that. He was just a poor beger no one wanted or needed around.

Christians go to prison just because they love and obey God by sharing the gospel of Jesus. They live out their lives in pitiful conditions day after day while their godless tormentors live comfortably. Even worse, real Christians are sometimes tormented by false Christians just like false prophets and false teachers tortured and killed true prophets, Gods people and even Jesus

It’s better to be a sufferer here, if that’s what God wants, for the glory of God, for only a little while in comparison than to be a sufferer without God forever throughout all eternity

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 07:55 AM

All good illustrations, Little David!!

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Aguish in Waiting
Posted : 23 Apr, 2024 09:22 AM

You’re welcome W&T, thank you