Author Thread: Long Term Relationship
Iridescent

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 6 Apr, 2024 04:21 PM

What does long term relationship mean to you? Just not ready for marriage, but still striving toward it? Because, why would an average genuine Christian man (or woman just date a man) want to "just" date a woman without desiring a sexually allowable relationship eventually..

Iridescent

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 6 Apr, 2024 04:39 PM

PLEASE IGNORE THIS DUPLICATE POST ON THIS SUBJECT THX.

Iridescent

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 6 Apr, 2024 04:41 PM

PLEASE IGNORE THIS DUPLICATE POST ON THIS SUBJECT THX.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 9 Apr, 2024 03:38 AM

I think for many Long Term Relationship means not marrying. Yet, some here want long term relationships toward the possibility of marriage. Yet, now days, there are not many long term relationships and most marriages are short term. The only long term courtship we have is with the grave which follows our short term lives.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 9 Apr, 2024 06:55 AM

oftentimes Men seeking long term relationship are want sex with their partner.

Marriage is not a concern anymore especially if they have been divorced . Many Older Men on this site have been divorced. I have chatted with Many .

Dating for me is fun and compatibility. I have had many dates Not involving sex. Short term dating is to get to know a Man.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 9 Apr, 2024 08:25 AM

When you are talking about long term relationships you need to clearly define what that is. Dating should not have to be long term if the goal is to become one flesh for a lifetime. If people took to heart what Gods word teaches them about what is appropriate behavior, then finding and staying with a mate would be a piece of cake.

I see that you include both men and women in what I would call "serial dating." Serial dating is mostly a modern female phenomenon. The reason why it's almost exclusively a female thing is they are the ones who have all the dating power and most males are invisible to most females. Men may be the one's who predominately seek dates from women. It's women who decide to accept or reject. Women also have a laundry list of reasons whether they want to date or continue to date a man and won't hesitate to move on to the next guy.

I can't emphasize enough how lopsided dating is. The vast majority of men are literally invisible to the vast majority of women. That "phenomenon" has mainly been brought about by the Satan inspired feminism and social media. What it has done is given women power that God didn't delineate to them which has overinflated their egos. Now the majority of women think they are above the majority of men. So now even overweight unattractive women think they deserve a 6 foot tall, 6 pack abs, 6 figure income man (666 man). I understand the desire to have the perfect specimen as a mate. But women need learn to live in reality.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Long Term Relationship
Posted : 9 Apr, 2024 01:18 PM

To me a long term relationship means you're looking for something serious/long lasting with a view to marriage.

But I'm sure someone else's definition might be different so when communicating its probably best to ask...:-)