Author Thread: Balancing ministry and Marriage.
Naklily256

View Profile
History
Balancing ministry and Marriage.
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 01:47 PM

How can you help or support your spouse to stay in her calling / Church ministry yet she has a family to run?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 01:58 PM

Might I say Matthew 19:29 and Luke 18:29 ?

Matthew 19:29

And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 18:29-30

“Truly I tell you,” Jesus said to them, “no one who has left home or wife or brothers or sisters or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God will fail to receive many times as much in this age, and in the age to come eternal life.”

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 02:10 PM

First off I don't believe God would call a married woman into a ministry that would interfere with her spousal/wifely duties at home. A husband & wife can be called together but there again not to the detriment of the marriage or family.

It's scriptural for men to be called to lead congregations and and carry the bulk of ministry not women.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2024 02:33 PM

I would agree with Handyman, but just throwing a verse out for the unhindered gospel. If one wants to talk about Jesus and tell the world about Jesus, what is hindering you?

Yet, you have more than one calling. You have kids. You have a husband. You don't want your husband. You want a different husband. You are separated from your husband.

1 Corinthians 7:11 says

But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

I wouldn't be looking for another husband. That itself is a hindrance to your calling. If you cannot multi-task, you will need to focus. Is the father of your children willing to look after the kids while you pursue your calling? And should you be pursuing another husband while you are currently married? I do not think that helps your ministry. But it appears that is what you are doing.

1 Corinthians 7:27

Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

You are bound to your husband as long as he lives. But if your husband dies, you are free to remarry. (1 Corinthians 7:39 and Romans 7:2-3) But I see you are inclined to another husband and it does not appear you want to mother your children and it does not appear that you are getting along with your husband. It is workable that you can follow your calling to tell the world of Jesus while also fulfilling your duty as a wife and mother. But it appears you want to escape your role as a wife and mother.