Author Thread: If a man still lives at home..
HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
If a man still lives at home..
Posted : 21 Feb, 2024 12:56 AM

Just to give a scenario, if you met a guy on here and he still lived with his parents, would you give him a chance to date? Or would you continue looking for someone more suitable?

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2024 04:14 AM

If I met a man in his 50s-60s who still lived at home first I’d be very surprised. I’d have to find out the circumstances had he never left or had he returned to care for sick/elderly parents. It would take some serious conversations to ascertain wether he’s a man child or a caring son…:-)

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2024 05:57 AM

I think if a man still lives with his parents and he's just mooching off them then that would be a red flag. But if he pays them rent and helps with the upkeep of the place and isn't a burden to them then I would see that as OK.

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Feb, 2024 04:51 PM

Ok, well he is in his early 30s. He claims that he has an IT job but housing costs are high.. so not sure how I would find out about this. He does text me quite often too which leads me to believe he doesn't really work but again cannot be sure

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2024 03:40 AM

IT jobs usually pay pretty well so not likely he doesn't make enough to find an affordable place. But still that in and of itself doesn't necessarily mean a red flag.

But here's the thing. Most men will say whatever they think they need to say in order attract women. I don't say that because men stretch the truth more then women because men & women both lie. They just do it for different reasons.

Anyway it's a tough call and if you were local to him it would be easier for you to see him in his natural habitat which make it a whole lot easier to get to know him.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Feb, 2024 12:56 PM

It's not uncommon for someone in their 30s to still live at home. Getting on the property ladder at the moment is tough my first born is early 30s and has only recently left home ..:-)

HazelEyesSparkle

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2024 12:17 AM

Yes now more and more people are saying that about the housing market. Thanks for your advice!

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2024 05:05 PM

It may be a package deal. It is commendable a man looking after his parents or a woman looking after her parents. Sometimes it keeps one from marrying. It kept my brother from marrying. His girlfriend had a bond with her parents. My brother proposed marriage and they discussed it for years. My brother wanted that they marry and that she leave her parents. Her ideas were different. She wanted to marry, but wanted my brother to live with her and her parents. They could not agree on the matter and never married. He waited twenty years for her. Then she died.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 06:32 AM

My ex husband and I lived with my parents about 4 months until he bought our new home.

We lived in an apartment Before that.

My husband was a hard working man .

I don't want anyone living with me except a Spouse.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 08:24 AM

Maybe you can get back together again.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Mar, 2024 12:51 PM

@ Walk

Nope

I've had 2 different proposals for marriage after and declined

. So I'm not desperate to re marry!

Grown children should get a job / employment and a place of their own. That's what adults do.

Unless they are disabled in some way .

Page : 1 2 3