Author Thread: Understanding of The BIBLE & obedience to God a must in a partner.
Ilikeroses2^

View Profile
History
Understanding of The BIBLE & obedience to God a must in a partner.
Posted : 4 Feb, 2024 03:12 AM

If a man just thinks He knows his Bible because He attends a Church but hasn't studied it Himself I think there's a high chance He's not a Christian

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Feb, 2024 12:17 PM

What about the women that attend Church and marry but then aren't submissive to their husbands and make the marriage a nightmare? Or they get divorced just because they aren't happy in their marriage? Are they Christian?

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Feb, 2024 10:43 AM

That would make illiterate people that do not know how to read not Christian and it would make little children who are not yet able to read not Christian and Jesus and many of Jesus' followers were uneducated fishermen and Jesus speaks of the little ones and the kingdom of God belongs to these.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2024 05:33 PM

My Male friend can discuss the Bible very well and we had great talks but he is very forward in pursuing Women.

Knowing the Bible and having a relationship with Jesus is two different things.

Church attendance is good but obedience to God is better.

He and wife use to attend church together he said.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2024 09:42 PM

Ilikeroses, you’re EXACTLY right.

Obedience to Jesus is so important that Jesus solemnly warns against disobedience.

Matthew 7:21-23

English Standard Version

I Never Knew You

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but 👉👉the one who does👈👈the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, 👉👉you workers of lawlessness👈👈.’

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2024 09:48 PM

Matthew 7:24-27

English Standard Version

Build Your House on the Rock

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine 👉👉and does👈👈 them will be 👉like👈a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and 👉👉does not do👈👈 them will be 👉👉like👈👈 a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Feb, 2024 09:54 PM

Many many verses speak to obedience to Jesus as the sign of a true believer. It’s inescapable. We may not always be perfect and sinless in our obedience but we strive for perfection. See Romans 7

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Feb, 2024 10:03 AM

First man and woman God created was disobedient to God.

A man recently said maybe the skins God put on them to cover their naked bodies was a way of forgiveness !

Did they go to heaven!? Bible doesn't support that .

Then

The Curse of Sin came on mankind.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 02:45 PM

Moonlight says this about Adam and Eve: “Did they go to heaven!? Bible doesn't support that”

Please explain how you arrived at this opinion.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 04:01 PM

I wonder too.

I will like to think that they both made it.

Moses wanted to enter the Promised Land. God said No. But later on, Moses got into the Promised Land at the Transfiguration of Jesus.

I think that Adam and Eve are saved through Jesus.

I think they realized their mistake and welcomed a savior.

Lord knows we sin more than Adam and Eve.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2024 02:14 PM

I believe Adan & Eve were either saved from the beginning or were at least given the opportunity to be saved.