Author Thread: How to overcome the complete lack social skills in out generation?
CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
How to overcome the complete lack social skills in out generation?
Posted : 13 May, 2023 03:28 PM

Time and time again when I meet someone my age, male or female and regardless of the circumstances it's like i'm talking to dear stuck in the headlights. The few times do do met someone my age they tend to be extremely toxic and only want to make trouble.

For those that are younger, how do you handle this? how do you find people our own age that doesn't have the personality of a wet doorknob and can actually hold a conversation?

Polk27

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Dec, 2023 11:47 AM

You find out something in common then start talking

A hobby , an interest or even being class mates as long as it's something you two share

Then you take it slow , most people won't be open from the start so if you're patient you'll start getting to know them with time

Source: former introvert who came out of their shell

Clark0829

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2023 12:57 PM

True @Polk27. I remember reading The Four Loves by CS Lewis, and he mentions that while other loves are face-to-face (that is, two people focusing on each other), friendship is shoulder-to-shoulder (friends have another focus in common).

I'll also add that there are some rare people out there that are (1) sensitive to social "rules" and (2) are incredibly extroverted. If you can, find them and learn from them! I had a roommate in college like that who really helped me break out of my shell.

Page : 1 2