Author Thread: How to overcome the complete lack social skills in out generation?
CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
How to overcome the complete lack social skills in out generation?
Posted : 13 May, 2023 03:28 PM

Time and time again when I meet someone my age, male or female and regardless of the circumstances it's like i'm talking to dear stuck in the headlights. The few times do do met someone my age they tend to be extremely toxic and only want to make trouble.

For those that are younger, how do you handle this? how do you find people our own age that doesn't have the personality of a wet doorknob and can actually hold a conversation?

BeBlesssed

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Jun, 2023 05:03 PM

Great q , yes, these are odd times. Maybe try hosting a young people's night? At your church.

You did try here, making a post in forum. Hopefully you find more people to connect with..

Jacie08^

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Sep, 2023 02:59 AM

Well this question really made me self reflect before I scribbled my thoughts down.

Dear Friend,

Toxicity is not limited to a certain age group or generation its an epidemic that has lasted for a few generations now. Reading the word we come across a verse which says that in the last days these are supposed to happen and so it is being done according to the word.

Now coming to how we can avoid lacking social skills would briefly suggest test the spirit of the person you associate with but at the same time see them with grace in your eyes for them, SMILE and stick to listening more, the Spirit will help you discern, search for the fruits of their spirit and if they are running from things or taking things one day at a time. If its a go ahead from the HS then proceed with subtle simple topics to speak on .. the rest will be taken care of the father if your leaning on him. Hope you overcome this challenge.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2023 08:09 AM

Thanks for the biblical response Jacie08‼️‼️

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2023 04:01 PM

The word toxic is an overused buzz word that's inaccurate and useless when used to describe anybody. So whenever a persons uses it to describe someone else. I automatically don't take then seriously and I tend to view them as the ones who are the problem and not the so called "toxic" one.

My advice would be to make sure you're not the one who is the problem. The best way to do that is not to be to critical of others that you don't see eye to eye with and just let things like conversations flow naturally. It's real easy for some to misunderstand other people and so it may take some time distinguish the good from the bad.

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2023 02:31 PM

hmm, interesting topic, idk about toxic but younger women in the US are all borderline paranoid to the point they can't even say hello back to someone. They're all stuck behind their smartphones unable or unwilling to talk to anyone. Its rather sad too because I know of 30 many guys in my church why are active in my young adults group and one 3 of them have even been on a date before. many have long since given up all hopes in finding anyone. It really is a dark sad time we live in.

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Oct, 2023 02:33 PM

sadly I don't really have and answers for this one other then to start smashing people phones and make them talk face to face. obviously don't do that... 😂

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2023 12:25 PM

Talk about “smashing phones” no wonder you can’t get a date‼️

austin93a^

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2023 02:28 PM

that was a joke and you know it 😒

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2023 08:28 PM

Oh ok, I’ll laugh now 😂😀🤣

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2023 03:00 PM

It was so funny you must of forgot to laugh in the first go round.

Page : 1 2