Author Thread: How many times have your read the Bible cover to cover?
WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
How many times have your read the Bible cover to cover?
Posted : 7 May, 2024 06:18 AM

How many times have you read the Bible cover to cover?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2024 06:52 AM

I’m so dense I have to read the Bible repeatedly just to get the meaning through my thick skull. I have no idea how many times I’ve gone through the entire Bible because I approach reading differently than these light weight devotionals or the “daily read the Bible in a year” thing. That’s better than nothing but doesn’t help me much.

The thick stubborn skull approach I have to use to Bible reading might go like this:

Don’t only read the Bible but listen to it being read. (Read and listen)

Read and listen to each book of the Bible multiple times before moving on to the next book. Or be creative and listen to the whole Bible over and over. Or do both.

Read a book of the Bible out loud and record yourself. Play over and over. Reading to yourself makes it personal. You can listen while working or driving. (I usually have nothing worthwhile to think about anyway).

The benefit of reading out loud to yourself allows to you to hear how awful you sound. Don’t get discouraged just means you re-record and try harder to read better. All the while you’re hearing AND reading AND gaining more insight

That’s what really counts. Don’t just read but understand what you read. Reading/listening go hand in hand. You can’t understand it you don’t reread‼️

Note: the only people who usually spend much time in scripture are seriously broken people. They’re broken over their sin (see Romans 7) They’re desperate in seeking the only ONE who can deliver them (see Romans 8)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2024 07:08 AM

Also there are lots of good people who read the Bible in audio versions. I like listening to them because their particular version of oral interpretation brings the text to life. Some are free online or you can buy them.

Alexander Scorby has been a KJV audio favorite. He reads the KJV with such expression you would never know he’s reading from the KJV

Max McLean is another. I heard him reading, Johnathan Edwards sermon: “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”. If anyone is not seriously convicted about their sin after hearing that sermon, then they must have a very hard heart.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2024 10:33 AM

I like various Bible recordings as well. They supplement my reading scripture.

I typed the entire Bible onto disc and proof read it. I did it in one translation, then begun on another. It was WIN! WIN! because I became more familiar with the Bible while also improving my typing skills. I have also read the Apocrypha.

The New Testament, I have read cover to cover more times than I can count.

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2024 11:07 AM

to many times to count lol

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2024 11:31 AM

I knew one man that would memorize whole chapters of the Bible.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 May, 2024 01:39 PM

I never read the apocryphal writings and I’ve never typed out the whole Bible‼️

You’re right, that kind of effort pays off in the long run.

It’s a good way to start memorization. If you read and listen to one chapter of scripture over and over in the space of a week, you will have memorized the entire chapter—easily‼️‼️

Back in my early Sunday school days, we were offered prizes or what not, if we memorized one little verse of scripture. I remember memorizing that one verse was a long hard heavy haul back then. That’s called the fallout of modern verse chopping. You chop a verse outa context and memorize it the hard way. Besides promoting bad theology it trains kids to 👉hate👈 Bible study AND memorizing‼️‼️

It had to have been a Communist Sunday school teacher to start such a nonsense way of memorizing ‼️‼️🥹

Public school bore kids so bad when they keep them all pinned up like piglets all day long only to send them home with tons of homework‼️⁉️

In the meanwhile, home school kids study just a few hours per day and go out and learn to work‼️‼️ End result, home schoolers OUT PERFORM public schools kids hands down‼️‼️

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2024 12:27 AM

When my girls were little, I paid them to read the Bible to me. That way, they'd become familiar with the Bible, become better readers and earn some money too.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2024 12:34 AM

I like the idea of making your own Bible recording. I once offered my daughters a hundred dollars to record themselves reading the entire New Testament. Then their old dad can listen to them reading the Bible at any time. It being a memory of the good gift they are.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2024 12:41 AM

LD, you write, "Public school bore kids so bad when they keep them all pinned up like piglets all day long only to send them home with tons of homework."

Gotta agree with you there! It takes away from any quality family time. Next thing they are grown and you little got to enjoy them, because school just gave them busy work and kept them away from quality family time.

The Bible is not welcome in school.

My daughter was in the million words reading club. She could have broke the school record. But they would not count reading the Bible as reading a book.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 May, 2024 07:55 AM

That’s what happens when fools control academia.

Marxists have held their hand over the educational establishment in this country for years and it keeps getting worse‼️‼️

Marxist/Communist/Democrats need ignorant masses who are not trained to think critically and who are easily influenced.

So, making education and learning tedious and boring is just one way to make real education intolerable while keep the masses illiterate.

But Marxists Democrats can make “education“ exciting. It’s called sex “education”. That’s right, drive kids away from reading writing science and math to sex ‼️‼️

AND your country is ripe for takeover☠️

Page : 1 2