Author Thread: Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 22 Apr, 2024 09:53 PM

But what’s the difference between Billy Graham’s “love” and biblical love⁉️⁉️

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 10:29 AM

I hope I’m coming across respectful direct in my replies to you. I appreciate your responses in this thread. Some posters have criticized me for being too critical and perhaps abusive. I think, in some cases, they might be justified in saying so. So I’ve been trying to scale back on speech that might be taken as ultra critical.

With regards to Billy Graham, I agree, he evangelized the true gospel of Jesus Christ, at least, in his crusades. However, after he admitted to not being a real theologian, he should have referred difficult theological questions posed to him to more qualified theologians or at least quoted from them. There’s nothing wrong with quoting from a reliable source.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 10:35 AM

I need to speak about other errors committed by Billy Graham.

Not only did he turn the reformation, that began with Martin Luther on its head but his ecumenism blurred theological distinctions badly. He even claimed to believe the same as the Pope‼️‼️

That’s just the tip of the iceberg ‼️

homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 10:46 AM

I remember 20 years ago or so the late great Dr Robert Morey.

mentioned something about this on his radio program

🤔🤔 does anybody know if his son Franklin is off the beaten path doctrinally speaking as well ❓❓

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 01:02 PM

Thanks for posting HC‼️‼️

Billy Graham says, in an interview with Robert Schuller of the Crystal Cathedral, which is online for anyone to see, that belief in the name of Jesus is not necessary for salvation. He says people of other nationalities don’t really need to know about Jesus to go to heaven‼️‼️They just need to know something is missing‼️

Well, I guess, God must be powerless to send a missionary to tell these people about Jesus. Anybody remember the Ethiopian Eunuch and Phillip a real evangelist⁉️

Anybody read the following in the Bible⁉️⁉️

Romans 10:14-15

New Living Translation

14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? 15 And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!”

Maybe Billy Graham’s Bible didn’t have that verse

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 04:15 PM

May be Billy was thinking of some other verses.

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

Romans 2:14-15 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2024 08:34 AM

I understand he would have studied more theology if he had it to do over but he didn’t follow through with correcting his false ecumenism.

I don’t disagree with everything Billy Graham said or did. But when he seriously compromised Martin Luther’s Reformation efforts with his ecumenism (Catholics and Evangelicals together) that’s where he went too far.

But even worse when he attempted to throw good doctrine under the bus for the sake of unity with the doctrine of devils

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2024 10:15 AM

Most things you post go to far on Degrading Christians on here.

LD

Judge Yourself.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2024 03:38 AM

Martin Luther wasn't perfect either.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2024 09:43 AM

W&T, how does a divvy statement about Martín Luther not being perfect move your argument forward?

You seem to have acquiesced to skeptics and atheists who allege the obscurity of Bible doctrine. Is this true?

Or maybe you’re just plain unaware of church history and the contributions Martín Luther made to the church.

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2024 11:28 AM

You brought up Martin Luther. You wrote, "But when he seriously compromised Martin Luther’s Reformation efforts with his ecumenism (Catholics and Evangelicals together) that’s where he went too far." I responded that Martin Luther wasn't perfect either.

I have read more than one book on Luther and have watched a number of programs on Luther. I lean towards Luther on "sola scriptura" and better Luther's Germany than Hitler's Germany, but Luther made his mistakes too and the peasant wars and slaughters rose out of Luther's teachings. I think more died through Luther than Billy Graham. And who is Luther and who is Billy Graham? Christ died for us. Not Luther or Billy Graham. We follow Christ more than we follow Luther or Billy Graham. But maybe you want to kill the messenger.

Philippians 1:18

What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10