Author Thread: Do Not Read‼️‼️‼️
LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Do Not Read‼️‼️‼️
Posted : 27 Mar, 2024 06:56 PM

Don’t read: “Experiencing God” by Henry Blackaby.

Unless—you need to confuse those little voices going off inside your head or even outside your head with the voice of God.

That’s the short of it AND believe me that’s bad enough‼️‼️

Don’t be tricked by those who think they hear the voice of God speak directly to them. I assure you—they do NOT hear God‼️‼️

There are no biblical promises or theological grounds for the serious Christian to cling to regarding this growing modern day folklore that’s taking Christianity by storm‼️

Remember this: if you want to “hear” God speak—then read the Bible‼️‼️ If you want to hear God speak audibly—then read the Bible out loud‼️‼️🙂😇

WalkNTalk

View Profile
History
Do Not Read‼️‼️‼️
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 07:20 AM

Job 33:14-19

For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds, he may speak in their ears and terrify them with warnings, to turn them from wrongdoing and keep them from pride, to preserve them from the pit, their lives from perishing by the sword. “Or someone may be chastened on a bed of pain with constant distress in their bones.

Acts 2:17

In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

God speaks to us one way and another, but we are dull and doesn't register, so we refer to the Bible instead for our guidance and we still are lost. We are not very insightful. Some do better at following the promptings of the spirit than others. But definitely God does speak.

Psalm 94:9

Does he who fashioned the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?

So also, THE ONE who formed the mouth does speak. But he does not choose to speak in plain English to all us.

Those to whom God speaks directly with a direct word from God are held to higher accountability. THE WATCHMAN is held to account. We may be more like Jonah running from the job.

Definitely God speaks. What do we do with the word we get?

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Do Not Read‼️‼️‼️
Posted : 1 May, 2024 10:06 AM

W&T, thank you for providing another teachable moment. 😇

May I assume you understand all the passages you’re quoting?

If so, you should have known the context of the conversation. Let’s begin with Job. Who said the portion you quoted? Why did he say it? To whom did he say it to? Was he answering a specific question or a specific objection raised by himself or someone else?

These are just a few starter questions you should have already asked yourself before quoting Bible verses you do not fully understand

Ok, I’ll give you some space to provide your responses

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Do Not Read‼️‼️‼️
Posted : 1 May, 2024 03:25 PM

While you checking all that out, maybe you might want to share a conversation you’ve had with God. Tell us what God said and what you said in response 😇