Author Thread: The Little Things
Admin

The Little Things
Posted : 18 Sep, 2013 09:32 PM

I'm not really sure what category this one belongs under, but I just wanted to share a story my professor told. The story is she was having a difficult time in an abusive environment at home during her high school days and decided she was going to kill herself. After deciding this, she happened to run into one of her classmates at a store. This classmate was the stereotypical prettiest girl in school, most popular, captain of the cheer squad, etc. Upon seeing her that classmate immediately smiled, looked her in the eye and said "Hello, (my professor's name)!" and my professor was stunned at the time because she didn't realize that this girl even knew who she was, let alone liked her and this incident actually caused her to decide not to kill herself later.

The moral of the story is that to the classmate, it wasn't a big deal for her to be nice and say "Hello", but the result was a big deal without her knowing about it. And it's the little things you do that can end up having big consequences for some one else later on for better or for worse.

Anyway, I just thought it was cool to think about and wanted to pass it along.

View Profile
History
The Little Things
Posted : 20 Sep, 2013 07:16 PM

What I loved about that question the disciples asked is that we still find ourselves asking that today, myself included. Something tragic or unfair happens to us and we wonder if it was because of something we did or some one else did, but NO our set backs and unfairness are given to us that God will be glorified as Jesus said.

Lukia^

View Profile
History
The Little Things
Posted : 23 Sep, 2013 02:32 AM

I just wanted to add that even in marriage the little things that a couple do to each other can either build or destroy the relationship.

The little things like,appreciation,saying sorry,saying thank you...matter alot in a relationship.

View Profile
History
The Little Things
Posted : 24 Sep, 2013 07:45 AM

Absolutely, Lukia. Saying thank you is a big thing. Yes, they may be your significant other, but they don't have to go out of their way to bring you special gifts or do something nice for you; so when they do something nice for you, acknowledge it! My ex would only ever tell me what he liked and never say, 'thank you', and that really bugged me.

I spent a lot of time, money, and effort into making him and finding him unique gifts. I just wanted to know that he appreciated it, and I still don't know if he ever did. Considering how poorly it ended I can only assume he didn't.

Also being there for someone even when you don't want to be there is a biggie. There are days where I don't want to socialize, but I go out of the sake of my friends and end up having a good time.

One should remember, too, that just because you have an argument or disagreement doesn't mean that the person isn't right for you or that you don't like them, but simply you have different points of view, and you need to talk things through so you can understand why a person feels the way they do.

sisygirl

View Profile
History
The Little Things
Posted : 24 Sep, 2013 11:58 AM

Revenheart

Yes dear one

Have no idea how much I believe in talking things through...

Page : 1 2