Author Thread: dont fall asleep
Admin

dont fall asleep
Posted : 13 Jun, 2008 05:57 AM

Mathew 9:36-38

But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;

Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

I had this dream, I don't think It's prophetic or anything like that, It's just a humbling reminder to me. May it wake anyone who sleeps.

One night found myself sleeping under a tree in a dream. I had my eyes close and I could feel the warm sun on my face and I could hear a sound like a thousand blades of grass rustling in the wind. It was soothing and I was almost content sitting there listening but my curiosity got the better of me and I opened my eyes just a bit. As I opened my eyes I saw a long dirt path streching as far as the eye could see to my left and to my right, on the other side of the road was some kind of feild with something in it, I couldn't make it out because I was so tired and I judged that the effort needed to discern the contents would be wasted energy. I was able to close my eyes again when out of the corner of my eye on my right I saw a man walking towards me. I suppose he was dressed in white, I don't really remember seeing anything clearly. But I remember him getting closer and closer to me, and as he approached I felt this wave of shame wash over me, like a child whose neglected some chore and his parents are home. Then to my horrror he stopped in front of me, I didn't dare look at his face but I could feel him. I sensed hiim look at me, look at the feild behind him, shake his head once, and then walk right past me without speaking a word. As he passed I dared to look up, and when I looked up the feild on the other side of the road became vividly clear. It was an ocean of golden wheat waving in the wind as far as the eye could see. I then realized that I was a laboror in that feild and the good Master had returned only to find me sleeping. I was so grieved that I woke up in tears. He found me sleeping. So much harvest and no one to reap.

*shrugs* My dream is self explanitory. I don't know if it was real or not. Sometimes I think I dream things to convict myself and teach myself. I don't have a great understanding of biblical dreams and their significance. I just know I need hurt more for the lost and dying. Labor into your rest, labor in the harvest....you don't sleep well when you haven't worked hard.

Johnathan

View Profile
History
dont fall asleep
Posted : 24 Jun, 2008 09:13 PM

Jonathan....What a wonderful man of God you are...If I were twenty years younger, you would have definitely won my heart! The Lord is definitely preparing you for his vineyard. Your beautiful dancer is out there preparing herself for the final performance...YOU! Keep waiting...You will find her when you least expect and what beautiful music you'll create for the Father, together!

strawberi50

Revelation22

View Profile
History
dont fall asleep
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 02:14 PM

Jonathan,

You are Called by God. You will touch many.

:rocknroll:revelation22

View Profile
History
dont fall asleep
Posted : 10 Jan, 2009 09:09 AM

Jonathan, your dream is very direct. I can sympathize with you. That is a believer's greatest fear, to not have accomplished what the Lord has give us to do. Each of us has a role in the harvest. If we were at our jobs and our bosses found us sleeping on the job we could be fired! Dear Father, help us to put our hands to the plow and not look back, oh Lord. We pray that we are not found sleeping when you return but that you can truly say of us "Well done, thou good and faithful servant". For your word say blessed is the one whom the Master finds working when He returns. Thank you Lord for giving us the power to be sons and daughters of God and causing us to be about your business. Blessed be your name now and forever in Jesus' name. Amen.