Author Thread: DREAM SMALL: THE SECRET POWER OF THE ORDINARY CHRISTIAN LIFE BY SETH LEWIS FROM TRUTH FOR MINISTRIES
Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
DREAM SMALL: THE SECRET POWER OF THE ORDINARY CHRISTIAN LIFE BY SETH LEWIS FROM TRUTH FOR MINISTRIES
Posted : 20 Jul, 2023 04:39 PM

I just started reading this book and i just got done reading chapter 1 called BIGGER AND BETTER and it is already changing my thinking by helping me to realize that ordinary dreams and priorities are more important than big ones in God's eyes like loving God and loving people. I will keep you posted on chapter 2 tomorrow.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
DREAM SMALL: THE SECRET POWER OF THE ORDINARY CHRISTIAN LIFE BY SETH LEWIS FROM TRUTH FOR MINISTRIES
Posted : 21 Jul, 2023 05:16 PM

I just got done with chapter 2. The name of the chapter is IT'S A SMALL WORLD AFTER ALL and has helped me to realize that i'm valued by God and not worthless in His eyes. I will keep you all posted on chapter 3 tomorrow.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Jul, 2023 05:44 PM

I just got done with chapters 3 and 4. The name of the chapters are: SIZE MATTERS NOT AND A SMALL PART, A BIG STORY. What the LORD is teaching me through these chapters is i need to let God be the author of my story and do my part in cooperating with His plan for me and my future wife's ministry and not our own. God's plans and priorities are always better than ours.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2023 05:43 PM

I just got done with chapter 5. The name of the chapter is: THE UPSIDE-DOWN LADDER. Here's what i learned from this chapter: That God's way is serving and treating everyone equally, for this is the way Jesus did it. I will keep you all posted on chapter 6 tomorrow.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2023 04:06 AM

I’ve heard really good things about Seth Lewis.

In fact, one of my favorite bloggers, Tim Challies, wrote a whole blog recommending Seth Lewis’s book

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2023 05:24 PM

Thanks for your encouragment LITTLEDAVID. I just got done with chapter 6 called SMALL PEOPLE, BIG VALUE. This chapter has reminded me to view others the way Jesus sees them without approving of their sin. Praise the LORD for this book.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2023 05:13 PM

I just got done with chapter 7 named SMALL DREAMS IN BIG SUCCESS. This chapter has reminded that is not about big positions but fulfilling God's purposes in the sphere of influence you're in whether big or small to further Christ's kingdom in the world.

Streetevangelist520^

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2023 05:03 PM

I just got done with chapters 8 and 9. And here's the themes:

1. SMALL DREAMS, BIG EFFORT. 2 SMALL DREAMS, BIG REWARDS. Praise the LORD that i'm done with this book and it is helped me to realize that God's approval and His goals are what matters, not other man's and my own. This book has changed my thinking completely. But the hardest part is applying to my practical everyday life. But it can be done with God's help!!!