Author Thread: Traditional vs Feminist Women
Alex58

View Profile
History
Traditional vs Feminist Women
Posted : 15 Feb, 2023 06:12 AM

Do men prefer nowadays Traditional or Feminist women from a Christian's perspective?

AngelsandAirrwaves^

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2023 08:56 PM

Psalms 621 you worded that absolutely beautifully.

Procreate^

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Apr, 2023 07:37 PM

Is there a Traditional Woman now days who is not a Feminist? I think all women have become Feminists now days. No one much follows the Bible or Bible roles. WOMEN RULE (Isaiah 3:12)

CDFF21467^

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Apr, 2023 04:44 AM

@ Procreate

There is, maybe 1 for every 10000. If you have a local Mennonite church or something similar you could give that a try. They're far more traditional.

NarnianGirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2023 09:12 AM

Thank you for posting, sister Psalm621. That's a breath of fresh air.

I read a lot about this search for 'traditional' women. Men idolising and idealising a certain type, or lifestyle - without understanding that each woman is a person, an individual and their own life story.. which often includes heartbreak and traumatic experiences ( just like you shared, Psalm).

Very few of us grew up in a perfect, protective bubble to mould us into that ideal that some men are looking for... and I am reading testimonies of girls and women, who *did* grow up in that lifestyle, and they are now saying it was abusive and toxic.

Just like Jinger Duggar Vuolo, for example - she is openly sharing that God opened her eyes to the many ways those teachings she grew up with, were non-Scriptural and pure superstition. She maintains her Christian faith and personal walk with God, and is happily married to a real Christian man.. someone who encouraged her to seek the Bible for herself.

It seems many conservative men expect the woman to have compassion and support for their struggles and heartaches, but are not so willing to offer that same in return.. fellas, life can be very hard for women as well!!

No matter what we do as women, we can get criticised - by the society, by our peers and by other Christians. Why haven't you achieved this or that yet, why don't you have a career / why do you have a career etc... Someone always can find fault.

As someone who is currently my parents' caretaker ands very little energy for other things (but I am doing what I can), I am far from the ideal modern feminist woman.

That sure has not brought the right man to my door... even though I'd love someone to share my life with and also help my parents in their housework occasionally. LOL.

I have also traveled and lived alone in different countries, so that may make me untraditional in someone's eyes... even though I have been a Christian for over 30 years.

It is all about perceptions and assumptions.

Instead of looking for a traditional woman or girl, how about praying for someone, whose life story, faith walk and personality can fit with yours? God knows the best option for each of us.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Oct, 2023 10:08 AM

God knows the best options for Us.

Unfortunately, many don't consider Gods guidance.

Page : 1 2