Author Thread: Bait and switch-scammers
Ohiograce^

View Profile
History
Bait and switch-scammers
Posted : 28 Sep, 2021 10:47 AM

How many profiles on here are actually who they say they are? I was contacted by someone in the united states. i was hopeful. turns out she sent me a message saying she was "visiting" in africa. the message she sent me was typical of others i have received and seen on the internet. her parents had died and left her money so she had to go overseas to collect it.

I sent her a message, basically letting her, if it is even a her, know that i suspected a fraud.

Jayzeee

View Profile
History
Bait and switch-scammers
Posted : 28 Sep, 2021 02:20 PM

There are some out and out con artists on here as well as those genuinely seeking a relationship. I think it’s assumed that Christians are so naive/gullible, that they wouldn’t raise an eyebrow at the inconsistency’s, that soon become apparent once you start having a conversation…:-)

BestYearsAhead71

View Profile
History
Bait and switch-scammers
Posted : 21 Mar, 2023 08:56 AM

I'm not an Admistrator/Moderator so I don't mean to invade this Forum, but I had a woman on here make me a Favorite, so we started texting. She only had "one" photo, the woman in "that" photo was very pretty, but she I became suspicious when finding there was no way to verify who she said she was...no FB, no other photos. I fully understand women need to be cautious, there are strange folk everywhere, and she said the 1 photo/no FB deal was because so many men hit on her she was bothered by it. Sounds reasonable, but in my experience with dating sites, there is much deception and 20 yr old photos posted by older women/men.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Bait and switch-scammers
Posted : 11 May, 2023 05:25 AM

Many people don't have photos on this site .

Most Paid relationships sites require a photo.

Ive met several men in Person from online.

Not on CDFF.

I post Biblical topics .