Author Thread: Women wearing pants
LastLady

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 7 Mar, 2014 07:16 PM

What do you think about women wearing pants? Is that forbidden? Is it only inside the church? Or outside daily life as well?

Hisjoymypeace

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 7 Mar, 2014 09:22 PM

You know, I've always wondered too just how serious we as believers take God's word when He tells us to "come as we are"?

Does wearing slacks, if worn with tack, eg. not too tight or revealing, allowing most women to feel comfortable whether in church, the workplace or socially........sounds as if ultimately it will have to depend on that particular women and the criteria she has to meet in her personal lifestyle and surroundings! I've always believed that how a women, a Christian specifically, dresses is as moral as is personal a decision! How she desires to represent the kingdom of Heaven here on earth, has to be an inner choice, not so much an outer one!

I hope this helps my sister.......I pray God's perfect will upon ALL your choices and decisions. Be blessed.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 14 Mar, 2014 07:01 AM

I don't see why it should matter as long as other biblical principles(modesty, stumbling block, etc) aren't being violated. I my opinion, pants are more modest than skirts, and they also leave a woman able to be more functional in normal situations.

:peace::peace:

Matthew75

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 14 Mar, 2014 01:50 PM

I agree with the other responses here. Wearing pants is a mater of personal conviction.

If you feel guilty wearing pants to church, is it because the church itself condemns it? Or you just feel you should dress up for church?

I would caution being different than who you are on Sunday. It calls into question integrity. Come as you are. Personally, you should dress like everyday is Sunday as it is every day we represent our faith to the world.

Sunday is the christian day of rest. It being a day of rest, I think it should be acceptable to show up to church in PJs ;) ( so long as they are modest ) and not have to stress about getting your war paint on right (makeup) and worrying about your hair. Going to church and getting ready for church should not be stressful but rather an escape from the pressures of every other day. ( sorry about the rant but that is how I feel )

The principals are as previously stated: be modest and not a stumbling block to others.

I would also add to this, don't try to confuse your gender. If you are a woman, dress like a woman. If you are a man, dress like a man. A woman shouldn't dress like a man and a man should dress like a woman.

Some say, this means women should wear dresses but I'm sorry... I can tell the difference between women's pants and men's pants. They have different designs and fits. I don't have a problem with a women wearing pants so long as she isn't trying to disguise the fact that she is a woman.

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 16 Mar, 2014 12:07 AM

Women are to dress modest in public (not show how their: breast, thighs � look). I Timothy 2: 9.

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 30 Apr, 2014 10:01 AM

Woman can wear pants as long as it's not too thin or tight, if you have to spend 15min getting into it it's immodest and might just cause chafing.

Personally I don't really care but woman are always more attractive to me in dresses than pants, mostly because of the subconsciously implied femininity maybe. Remember pants became the norm after the books of the Bible was written... for most of history men wore clothes that looked like dresses too :laugh:

View Profile
History
Women wearing pants
Posted : 5 Nov, 2014 10:55 PM

It all depends on the woman.

I've seen pants that wouldn't attract Mr McGoo.

And I've seen "modest" "floor length" dresses that so, so very wrong--on her.

;-)