Author Thread: musings of a reformed african american
Admin

musings of a reformed african american
Posted : 9 Jul, 2013 11:39 AM

Me being a reformed black christian who wants to be in a relationship is not gonna happen.

i live here in AZ... there are tons of AOG,Pentecostal,Baptist,COGIC,anglican,Calvary chapels,Methodist churches here and i have no problem with it. we have a melting pot of christian denomination

here on this site ive experienced first hand the silent hatred of christian females here on FREE christian because im reformed and not one of the other choices

it goes a lil sumn like this..

(woman reads my profile:)

hmm nice pictures..not enough of a glimpse into who he is as a man but 2 pictures well taken will do.. does he love God..yep ..he attends faithfully..he even told us what kind of church he goes to. adoption and foster care..whats he mean by that..? i dunno bout this guy seems ok but lemme read on...

hes a reformed guy?!!! ive heard bout those guys .. theyre book nerds!! they dont love God they argue all about DOCTRINE all day on the weekend .. who wants those guys as husbands or boyfreinds... nope!!! sorry rising .. you get no hello from me..

(woman goes to next profile)

second why is it that as an african american christian im assumed by the black and hispanic sisters on this site that i need to speak in tongues SCREAM at the top of my lungs during service in a melodic worshipful voice ..( those things are right and ok) but do i gotta be dramatic? next .. why is it that i get the sense that i would not do well as a mate unless i change denominations for you churches for you and affiliations... it just seems unfair

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Jul, 2013 11:39 PM

Well because Calvinists are wrong and they're on their head they want to know and explain everything and there they seem to be born miserable people

ChristianArtsy

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 01:07 AM

Not knowing much about your demon, I looked it up. Not my job to explain your faith, so I won't do that here. :excited: Scripture says in all they getting get understanding...how is that possible without study, without the Holy Spirit.. Its really sad to see how the devil uses the divisions of God's church through us. I'm sorry for your experiences, especially with the role so many of us were willing to take part in with the past pres election. Its like its there, in front of your face, the devil doesn't even try to disguise some of this stuff now, or maybe some just can't see, and for those I have to say this reference is not what you thing it is. Brother its not you. Probably doesn't help, but I hear you.

ChristianArtsy

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2013 01:21 AM

not too clear on the limited atonement, but not clear on a lot of things from a lot of denoms. By the way, I do speak in Tongues, and it is actually a gift and very much alive, and available to all. Its an empowerment. Glad to see this 'crossing over' demons. Not saying you gotta, but it is an empowerment.

Lukia^

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2013 04:33 AM

I'm sorry maybe i don't understand this post but i would like to ask you brother,does the ladies tell all this or you just think this about yourself.

Believing in oneself and having confidence in oneself regardless whether he/she get responses is very important.

It doesn't matter where you have come from,everyone has a past,focus on the the future.

God bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Jul, 2013 06:29 AM

You seem to be too worried about your denomination. Do you think people in your denomination are not going to go to heaven? Or do you think that there will be separated areas in heaven for each denomination? I don't think so. I think all the different Christians will be together in one place, and they are not going to look down on each other just because they are different.

Jesus said in John 10:14, "I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. And OTHER SHEEP I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be ONE FLOCK AND ONE SHEPHERD." (NKJ)

So, don't worry about your denomination. I don't think women worry about it either. It's a small thing.