Author Thread: I am looking for new hobbies. Any suggestions?
Admin

I am looking for new hobbies. Any suggestions?
Posted : 23 Jun, 2013 09:41 PM

It is always much easier to start talking to someone if you have a shared interest or if you have the same kind of hobbies...

Right now I have come to a place in life where I realized that I do not have any real hobbies.

I live in the USA, but I am from a different culture. Most people here are interested in sports. I don't care about sports at all. Most people here are interested in watching movies. I don't like to watch movies. I don't like exciting movies especially, because they overwhelm me. I don't like to watch TV either. I am not a fisher or hunter type of person. I don't use guns.

I like to study plants, but that's not a sort of group activity that two people could do together. It's something that one person can do all by himself. I also enjoy reading, but again, this is something that only one person can do. I like to play piano, and that, too, is something that only one person can do.

Please mention some activities that 2 or more people can do together. Thanks!

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jun, 2013 04:56 PM

True, pianos are best played by one person at a time, but they do go together really well with several other instruments (my favourites being the guitar or the flute) so it need not be a solo hobby. As for reading, join a book club! Seriously, whatever interests you have, there's a club or society for it somewhere. Failing that, why not expose yourself to some new hobbies, or even volunteering? There's lots of sociable interests around even if they're not the things that immediately spring to mind or have their own TV programmes...

EternalInnocence

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Jul, 2013 07:00 PM

Robot Unicorn Attack 2. Lol. Actually, video games are fun though. I enjoy anything Nintendo or Sega. I highly recommend the Nintendo 3DS. It's a most splendid companion if you happen to be one constantly on the go. It's has puzzles, adventures, shooters, all while utilizing the tough screen, oh, and its 3D. Win! :applause:

The other option, music! Whether it be perusing the playing of an instrument, or listening to it, music is a great place to spend your time, better than video games. I spend countless hours listening to and absorbing the feel and lyrics of an album. That brings me to the third options...

Writing. I myself write a great many poems. I've delved into the realm of short stories and grandiose fiction plot lines, my my attention span is such that I will quickly abandon anything that keeps me to long. But, in order to write, you have to fill up your imagination, so...

Reading! I would highly recommend anything by C.S. Lewis for fiction. He is an outstanding writer! On the more realist side, James P. Mills, M.D. Is a very Godly man with a beautiful bounty of books he has inscribed. They are self help and introspection works primarily, but I can't say enough how highly I think him. His books have been a tremendous blessing in my life and spiritual growth.

Ok, I think I'm done. Btw, these are all things you can do on the go and shouldn't hinder you. Personal consoles, MP3 players, tablets (writing), and most books are tiny, and I'm sorry if I wrote too much. I love to write, lol. PEACE!!! :peace: