Author Thread: To beautiful Atheists
UpAboveTheClouds

View Profile
History
To beautiful Atheists
Posted : 18 Apr, 2013 12:45 PM

Hey! So im working on a small book dedicated to Atheists. Its to help them approach the fact that God is real. below is my intro to my book. So far, a few atheists have told me they like where I was headed. Check it out :)

(Warning: its quite a bit of writing)

Well, here we are. Humans with brains who see the world only as far as a rocket ship could go and only as much as the words that other minds write. We look at this supposed God and ask worldly questions for a God who isn't in or from this world. Then we wonder why it isn't making any sense. Then we say, "All things viable must be in a physical form", and we assume that it�s true. But the thing is: why do we not also think that some things can be non-tangible? Why do we look at something we don't understand with our own biases? It's like: all humans come with a set of facts and questions for a particular thing, and if that thing doesn't match with our assumptions and opinions and what human knowledge is around us, we assume it to be false. We say, "Where is the physical evidence?" When I say that God exists, I�m not talking about the man who lives down my street...or just any human. I'm talking about a God who, if created us all and created the world, has a mind far greater than our own. But yet, we all try to theorize and judge if God exists or doesn�t exist by using our feeble minds. Now when I say "feeble", that does not mean that we are not smart. I use the word as a comparison between a God of the universe and or own mind. Our brains were created to do extraordinary things. For instance, math is wonderful (well, to some); but can math measure a God who may have unmathmatical things about him? Philosophy is great, but can human minds battle against and theorize about a God who is not human? Science is great, but if it studies tangible things or things and processes of the human brain...and Christ is non-tangible...how far can science really go? The subject of History is most important, but it only goes as far back as our human historians can recall. So as humans, it makes perfect, logical, and understandable sense that we look at God and say "No...not enough evidence". Some would say "No. Not something that I�ve seen. Not something that I can wrap my mind around. Not something that we on this earth support, because what we have so far does not agree with this God." I personally, as a Christian, love all people. Are some people posing as Christians bad? Yes. Are some Atheists bad? Yes. But when I come to someone like you, and you ask me to tell you if God exists...with my "feeble" mind... me...with evidence that this world would probably deem as false...and with things not tangible... to prove the existence of God...with a human mind...is near impossible. But what I can say is that I feel our world is grand, and beautiful, and magnificent. That we have minds creating all sorts of theories...and we have the stars to look at. How can there not be something of a high intelligence above that had at least a hand in this? For thousands of years to come we will theorize, contemplate, and calculate with our human minds. I fully understand where an Atheist is coming from. It�s hard for a person to wrap their mind around the existence of God. But I will be honest, I cannot take all that God has supernaturally done in creating the world, and creating me, and creating you, and try to find all the evidence you want and need. The evidence you search for is evidence that would most likely sound human, sensible, or familiar to something already discovered; "boxed in" by science, logical...but that's not the evidence that comes from God. He is intangible. He is powerful. In order for this book to be worth your time reading, you have the option of trying to accept (or even do personal research first) the concept that some things of this world are not always seen, heard, physical, or understood.

View Profile
History
To beautiful Atheists
Posted : 18 Apr, 2013 08:07 PM

I've always held that to measure something correctly, you have to use the correct tool for it. We use rulers and tapes for sizes, measuring jugs for volumes of liquid, and thermometers for temperature. You wouldn't use a microphone to determine colour, or listen to a photograph. A thermometer can't tell you how fast you're moving!

So why then, do atheists insist on using science (really what we can sense with our five senses, and reason with our minds) to prove whether God exists or not? If God is outside of those things then such measurements and reasoning are futile. I know God exists because I've experienced Him. These aren't experiences I can translate into physical manifestations for the world to inspect, but they are real nonetheless and I weight them accordingly.

Good luck with your outreach to atheists and keep challenging their self-appointed title as free-thinkers - you'll find most are anything but!

View Profile
History
To beautiful Atheists
Posted : 18 Apr, 2013 08:07 PM

I've always held that to measure something correctly, you have to use the correct tool for it. We use rulers and tapes for sizes, measuring jugs for volumes of liquid, and thermometers for temperature. You wouldn't use a microphone to determine colour, or listen to a photograph. A thermometer can't tell you how fast you're moving!

So why then, do atheists insist on using science (really what we can sense with our five senses, and reason with our minds) to prove whether God exists or not? If God is outside of those things then such measurements and reasoning are futile. I know God exists because I've experienced Him. These aren't experiences I can translate into physical manifestations for the world to inspect, but they are real nonetheless and I weight them accordingly.

Good luck with your outreach to atheists and keep challenging their self-appointed title as free-thinkers - you'll find most are anything but!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
To beautiful Atheists
Posted : 20 May, 2013 09:56 AM

I really don't think it's a problem with God being outside of science. I'm really of the opinion that Atheists are using science unscientifically, and Christians are far to mystical, so nothing ever makes sense and debates between the two are never understood by the other party. God makes no claim to be outside of his creation, only that his intelligence and wisdom are so far above ours, we cannot know his workings. If you ask an atheist if they think there could be life elsewhere in the universe, and they say "yes", then they can believe in God. It takes just as much faith to believe in aliens, and technically, God is an alien. Atheists generally seem to just have a distaste for whatever religious doctrine they find offensive, and that is usually the only reason that they refuse belief in a God who would promote said religious doctrine. Typically, it's a misunderstanding about what Christians believe, mistreatment by someone calling themselves a christian, or that they are just a person who is bent toward chaos.

:peace::peace: