Author Thread: What is meditation? How do you do it as a Christian? What methods do you use?
Admin

What is meditation? How do you do it as a Christian? What methods do you use?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2007 09:15 AM

:prayingf:I have never learned to meditate, so I am asking for your imput. I want to learn how to do this so please feel free to share your thoughts, methods, ideas, and suggestions on this topic. i will check back frequently. :waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Dec, 2007 05:32 PM

i believe that the meditation that is spoken of in Psalms is sitting down and quietly thinking about the word of God that you have just read or something that are having trouble understanding, when we do this the Lord has an easier time communicating with us and the results are amazing!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jun, 2008 05:58 PM

I feel that to meditate is to go into a secret place with God. I am not just taliking a physical place but a spiritual place.

Meditation is actually fogetting self through intense thought.

When meditating on the Word you are digesting what is read or heard. I feel you don't need anything but God. How do you meditate day and night and still carry on with your regular routine? Well, I just try to surround myself with God so my thoughts are more on Him and less on me. I drive to work with my music blaring. I don't really care if those around see me singing, praising, or crying. If my mind is

"stayed on Him" I am in a state of meditation which establishes His presence at the beginning of my day. If things get difficult on the job, I just go to my secret place and draw from His strength. You can go there at your computer, on the field, at the gym, wherever..."It is a state of mind and heart!" (Anyway, that's my opinion...God Bless)

strawberri50/robin